Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » One of Voyager's shuttles

Author Topic: One of Voyager's shuttles
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the Star Trek Ships Expanded site and several others, there is a picture of one of Voyager's type-9 shuttlecraft called the Newton. Is this just someone's design or is this a real shuttle? Does anyone happen to know what episode it came from if it is accurate? Thanks in advance.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please post a link to the site soes I can check it out!! If it's a design other than the "speedboat" Type 9 or the modified TNG shuttle, it's not real. If it is just the name you're wondering about, it could be real, but I don't recall hearing that name in any ep I've seen.

Plaese post a link though.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link. I've never posted one of these before, so the link might not work. However, the address is correct, so you may have to type it into you address line.

http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~djc/startrek/expand/federation1.html

There is also a link to the Star Trek Ships Expanded site at the links page on Bernd's site.

Scroll down aways to the shuttle section - it may take a minute for the picture to come up.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

[This message has been edited by Individual 5748 (edited February 22, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the name was just fan made. It's not in the main listing for either Type 9 or Class 2.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the design is canon, though. It's been in quite a few episodes. The name Newton isn't. It's not even in the spot where they names normally.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the image itself as well as the name are fan-made. The name is not printed where it's supposed to be on a shuttle.

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure, but I think Rutger Warrink might have made that side view.

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps