Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Raven (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Raven
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading somewhere that it's a license plate from the original "Blues Brothers" movie.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"He's Satan. And not the good kind. I hate him. If there is a god, I hope Jebus has him fry in hell." - DT, in reference to me

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For your pleasure: http://members.aol.com/MarchinRed/bluesbrothers.html
(Scroll down to get enlightened). http://www.bdr529.com

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also in the book The Making of Deep Space Nine from Pocket Books, they showed a couple of drawings of the Erwhon Class and it dosen't look anything like the Raven.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because the Raven isn't Erewhon Class. And just because the Raven has an NAR registry (if it does) doesn't mean that it is really old. NAR is probably the Federation prefix for civilian science vessels.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which then doesn't explain the Sydney-like shuttle/transport seen in ST6 with its registry as NAR-2xxxx.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

[This message has been edited by PopMaze (edited March 08, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you got an extra 'x' in there. It was only in the twenty-thousands, right? Not the two-hundred-thousands?

And how else would one pronounce "Erewhon", other than three syllables?

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ear-won", maybe.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"He's Satan. And not the good kind. I hate him. If there is a god, I hope Jebus has him fry in hell." - DT, in reference to me

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops. There, I fixed my last post. Thanks TSN.

------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Maybe, "Air-won"

------------------

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisko pronounced it "air-waun". And yes, he did say it in the episode, so it's definitely canon. Santa Maria was Erewhon class.
'Nuff said.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Shark:
The Erewhon in the Making of DS9 book? Funny, I had that one for about 4 years and I never noticed it. Can you tell me the page?

------------------
-If you took that broomstick out of your tail-pipe once in a while, you might have some FUN for a change!
*Rattrap - Beast Wars*

-Let the Fates land where they may!
*Megatron - Beast Machines*

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Page 162.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There seems to be a disagreement over the class name of the raven. I never remembered the name being mentioned by sisko. Maybe it never had a class name?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, there's a reason why Sisko never mentioned the Raven's class name.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Exactly, he never knew about the Raven.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps