Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Qualor II

Author Topic: Qualor II
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, seeing the Wolf 359 interest, I have posted a page with the ships from Qualor II. Seeing as stock-footage from wolf 359 was used there I thought it might be fun to have this page: http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/misc/qualor.htm

Comments and contributions would be appreciated.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you possibly change the background?? It is pretty hard to see the difference between some pics and the background. Some uniform color would do the trick.

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you possibly change the background?? It is pretty hard to see the difference between some pics and the background. Some uniform color would do the trick.

Apart from that, very interesting pictures, especially the Klingon K't'Tinga

WOW, how did I do that!?!? Sorry folks..
------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited March 11, 2000).]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too me, that lone saucer in the Qualor pics looks like just the saucer of the Excelsior study model (the one closest to the finished model). Just look at the features of the saucers and tell me if you agree or not. I think they took apart the study model to film the lone saucer.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I always thought the saucer was from a Miranda-class starship, perhaps the reliant-model. Didn�t they damage that one severely in the movie? That�s where the saucer might come from.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if the Reliant model was damaged all that much. The port nacelle was shot off, but re-gluing it shouldn't be all that difficult. And the final explosion was apparently done by replacing the intact model with an explosion effect between frames, not by doing damage to the model itself. It seems unlikely that a second model would have been built of that ship.

The most distinct feature of the strange floating saucer at Qualor is a straight "beam" or other feature going from the center to the rim, even though the saucer itself seems to follow a smooth curve. This does look a bit like the "edge" or "terrace" of a Miranda saucer, but that would be perfectly horizontal, and would not slope down to the rim. Perhaps this is actually a Reliant study model. Was there ever such a thing?

Timo Saloniemi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps