Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Delta Flyer escapepod

Author Topic: Delta Flyer escapepod
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They finally showed it tonight, it isnt big like the Voyager, or Soverign class it is a one man torpedo sized craft. The inside was a redressed jeffries tube with controls insiede of it!

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is it located??

(screengrabs anyone???)

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which episode? And to qoute the earlier entry: Screengrabs anyone??
It sounds supspiciously like the modified class 8-probe that ambassador Keylehr used in st:tng, doesn�t it?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank paraded a 'grab in the Voyager forum. It's externally a bit similar to the prop they used for that probe, but it has a raised section to account for the fact that the interiors were as big as the Jeffries tube set. Wouldn't fit in a torpedo tube, but it looks as if it would fit one of those squarish things on the sides of the DF upper aft hull.

Anybody who saw the episode: Did we see the launch? Did we see any changes in the DF after the launch? How was the guy retrieved - was the pod beamed back, or just the occupant?

Timo Saloniemi

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roughly the same design-thoughts as the orbital shuttle, I think.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

[This message has been edited by pIn'a' Sov (edited March 16, 2000).]

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In reply we did not see the lauch but we did see the pod very close to the underside of the vessal.The pod it self was picked up by the transporter with the crewman inside. Also there must be more than 1 because the captin said they should all leave and the pod said escape pod 1.
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well sorry about the mess up I didnt have time to finish what I was going to see, there was no launch, it has a larger section to it, and yes I do believe that it was a redreess of the Jeffries tube, the FLyer does carry more than one and it is small enough to be transported, sorry no screen grabs I didnt record the episode!

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps