Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Mechanics--The Japanese Book

Author Topic: Star Trek Mechanics--The Japanese Book
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother-in-law picked up a copy for me when he was in Tokyo. Really nice pics.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I got one through a japanese book store. Great pics of tons of models. A must for any modeler who's intersted in the details.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Basill
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How might one get a copy of this and how much does it cost? I understand that it is in Japanese text but the pictures are worth it.

------------------
Just a thought...A grain of salt-season to taste-lather, rinse, repeat

IP: Logged
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Sasuga Books and ask them to special order ISBN 4-8211-0588-8. The book's full name is Star Trek Mechanics, Official Guide 4. That's where I got mine. It took about 3 or 4 weeks I think. I can't remember. It may have been shorter.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Basill
Ex-Member

Thanks. I visited the site and sent a request to the special order department for price and all that. I don't know how long it will take to respond though.

------------------

Savar
Ex-Member

Star Trek Mechanics definitely is the ultimate reference for modelers. Does anyone have any of the other volumes? If so, are they worth having from a modelling point of view?
Laz1701
Ex-Member

If you do a search on the site for Star Trek Mechanics, you'll get all the info. The price is $36.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

Basill
Ex-Member

Well my copy just arrived today. Of course I can't read a word of it but I was most impressed with the images of the Ent-C and some of the up close images of the Miranda, the Nebula, and Voyager. Nice shuttle images too. The Ent-E pictures are good even though it is my least favorite ship. Some of the images I have already seen once or twice on the web, but it is nice to have them in solid print. Thanks to Fructose for the pointer to Sasuga books. They were very friendly and much faster than I anticipated (I had it within a week.) My ST book collection is just a little more rich today

------------------

Fructose
Member # 309

"Well, my work's done here."

Glad I could help.

------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone post a couple of scans...pretty please

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Fructose
Member # 309

Here you go. They look better in the book. My scanner isn't working up to snuff recently.

There are tons of much better pictures, I just don't want to scan them.

------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On these pics you can clearly see they did their best to make the Ambassador something in between the Galaxy and Excelsior/Constitution classes.

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like there's a chunck missing from deck 2 on the Ambassador, behind the bridge. Like a curved notch has been taken out of it. It doesn't appear to be due to damage though; more like it was designed that way.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Fructose
Member # 309

That little notch is actually a wire coming out of the model. The scanner doesn't really show the picture that well. It comes out of the open box. It's probably a lighting thing.

------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Got it.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps