Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ship Armaments

Author Topic: Ship Armaments
Imservo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always assumed that the three major powers (UFP, Klingons, Romulans) were at about equal in technology.

Then, why does the Federation ships (exploration vessels) seem to have so little trouble defeating the Klingon and Romulan ships, ships specifically designed for combat. What do others out their think?

------------------

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that if the Federation would put their minds to making some real warships, they would kick some very serious ass!

I mean: Look at the Defiant and the Prometheus. The Defiant can rip apart Dominion Bugs in 2 seconds flat! And the Prometheus destroyed a Warbird (with some help of a Defiant class).

I would love to have seen a REAL Federation battlefleet engage the Dominion... not to mention a Borg cube.
Have you ever imagined what it would look like if they shot even ONE tri-cobalt device at a Borg cube??

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[pre-Voyager Conspiricy]

A rather impressive nothing, as the slow moving demolition device impacts harmlessly on the surface of the cube.

[post-Voyager Conspiricy]

A slightly impressive something, as the subspace effects of the weapon might possibly wreak a little damage, but I would imagine the Borg would get better, unless the device works equally well against fully powered and shielded targets.

In regards to the original post: we've never really seen a large scale battle between those three powers. Certainly, if we go by offscreen and spoken evidence, the Klingons gave the UFP a run for its money during their brief pre-Dominion War war.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps