Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The holoship. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The holoship.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so you know, I (and Frank) have a book that has diagrams of the holoship and the captain's yacht and the holoships looks somewhat different in that diagram...the brigde is at the front, but that thing in the diagram above being called the bridge is there also.....I know the bridge is at the front, because in my diagram it has a little arrow pointing and it say 'Bridge'. It also has close-up bridge detail.

------------------
"And who might you be?"
"I'm Thor."
"You're Thor?"
"Well it hurt."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't you all forgetting the actual movie - they the rest of the holoship is viewable from the small bridge through a door... you couldn't do that if the bridge was on the top of the ship

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article explains this, or at least I think it does. I'll look and get back to you.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux: Does the diagram itself look different, or is it just the lettering? Is it the "Making of" book?

AndrewR: I've seen it two times, but I can't remember the scene you're referring to. Could the whole interior of the holoship be seen (or was it just a hologram)?

------------------
Early bird catches the gagh. (The Doctor to B'Elanna at 06:00, "Drone")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hologram Bak'u village was not there anymore - Data and Picard were on the little bridge there was a conn and ops position and a viewscreen behind them the door led to the rest of the holoship - a big holodeck basically

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd: It's not 'The Making of' book per se, it's called 'The Secrets of Star Trek:Insurrection' and in it the ship looks the same, just that the bridge is at the front an there's a little close-up detail of it.
Alexander Delarge
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd try and add some info into this holoship discussion. At

http://design.archdev.com/yamato/misc/holoship.jpg

you'll find a photo of the 'scanning model' of the holoship. Apparently, some of the ships were built first as cardboard and wood models that were then 'scanned' into the computer for 3d modeling purposes.

In some magazine I saw some small reproductions of blueprints for this ship (a top view, anyway). Does anyone out there have this? Willing to scan it in?

------------------
A still tongue makes a happy life

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that seems to agree w/ the STMag pic...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps