Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Another odd list

Author Topic: Another odd list
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some time ago there members of this forum tried to list all the types of bridge sets that we had seen and in another thread, which starships had their registries actually mentioned on air. Well I was watching Non Sequitur and thought, "Which starships have made appearances on all three shows?" Off the top of my head I can think of the Galaxy, Nebula, Excelsior and Danube as the only four. Anyone know of any others?

------------------
"Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder!" -Garak

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the yellowstone was not a danube class therefore a danube class bridge was not used. I know this is very picky.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

johnboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... are the TNG movies counted? That would add the Akira, since that class appeared on voyager and DS9 after being introduced in "First Contact"

And as far as I am concerned a Runabout is a Runabout...

------------------
The NCC registries are obviously NOT chronological. Get over it!

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theoretically if you take the 'Intrepid' Geordi mentions in Season 7 as the ship that he competes with for Warp engine efficiency... as and Intrepid class ship - then there has been Intrepids in TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intrepids in DS9?

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Bellerophon NCC-74705, Intrepid class, seen in "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges".

And weren't there Runabouts visible in "Relativity"?

------------------
If you want to know more about paranoids, follow them around...

(-=\V/=-)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were Steamrunners and Sabres in Relativity...

------------------
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right, so which designs would appear in all FOUR series (not counting TAS or the TOS movies)?

K't'inga is a bit iffy - the TMP configuration is seen in TNG and DS9 and in VOY "Flashback", but TOS had
the smoother D-7 (or, if we use "Trials and Tribble-ations" as a TOS episode, an in-between design).

Let's include monitors, desktop models and barely glimpsed wall posters here to make it a bit less impossible. TNG had tabletop models of both the TOS Constitution and the TOS shuttlecraft, and screen displays of what looked like D-7. Voyager had the DY-100 model. DS9 had the Daedalus model plus a pic of an upside down DY-100 on the promenade signpost.

If we can't come up with anything, then let's count the TOS movies as part of TOS. Any Constitutions or Mirandas in Voyager? If not, Excelsior and workbee seem the only common designs, right?

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I don't think we ever saw a Workbee in TNG - I'm counting the TOS part of Generations as TOS...

Andrew

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There would be a workbee in a monitor screen in "Coming of Age". I doubt the actual model was ever used in TNG, though.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Aha! Then there is the 'metal etching' in the bar in "In the Flesh" - with the Norway on it... what were the other ships!?!

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps