Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Discovery, "The Squire of Gothos" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Discovery, "The Squire of Gothos"
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez! One little analysis of grammar, and I've suddenly become the root of all evil. Don't take this personally, but pull the rod out of your butt, man. Even I'm not that pedantic!

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody accused you of being the root of all evil, just about being mistaken and unreasonable on this issue. And you couldn't be that pendantic even if you tried.

If I should get the rod out of my butt, you should get your head out of yours.

My final word on this subject is to quote something I saw a bit earlier today:

"There is great power in knowing the difference between fact and opinion."

Who said this? Some great philosopher? Some great thinker? Some great writer? Nope. I saw these words posted by somebody on another website today, by an ordinary internet user. More power to this fella, because his words should be the basis of all civilization and society.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roddenberry's not the final authority? More words without substance. He may not be the final authority on any of the movies and series he had nothing to do with, but he certainly is the final authority on everything that was under his watch - and that includes "The Squire of Gothos". Do you mean to say that the present Trek powers-that-be can go back and rewrite Trek history? They can change anything that was already established by episodes or movies before they ever came along? Sure, they can try, but that doesn't mean I have to kiss their butts and subscribe to whatever they feel like conjuring up. So if you're saying Berman et al have the final say on what was established when Roddenberry *was* Trek, you're another one who's talking out of your butt.

Should Berman or anyone else holding the reigns today say there's indeed a USS Discovery in "The Squire of Gothos", they can kiss my butt. They should worry about what they're creating *today*, not try to remake the past to conform to their views.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very hypocritical of you, to say all hat, and then present your opinions of Roddenberry's authority as "facts"...

------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop this now. Both of you are behaving like children. No more talk of butts or heads or rods.

Who's the MODERATOR here anyway?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Masao: That would be me, actually... :-)

------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. The question was rhetorical.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps