Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Can you see me?

Author Topic: Can you see me?
Sir Camelot
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dose the Romulans use navigational deflector on thier ships? If so when are they use when they are cloaked.

In the Blance of Terror, the enterprise found the Romulan ship when it was exiting the comet tail not when it was entering. Which means the early Romulan bird of pray must no used or had navigational deflector.
So does the newer Romulan ships have the deflector and if they do can they use them when they are cloaked?

------------------

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the deflectors are on the front of the "nose" of Warbirds, but Birds-of-Prey probably didn't have one

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a navigational deflector is required for FTL flight, then all ships must have them in some form. Those without a visible deflector might have them hidden in some kind of protective housing, something like the radiolucent nose cones of fighter aircraft.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps