Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NC - Star Trek Armada Technologies

Author Topic: NC - Star Trek Armada Technologies
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the technologies in Star Trek Armada to be pretty intresting, cloak detection, chain reation pulsars, and temproal duplicators would put an intresting twist to the same-ol same-ol weapons. Since the game developers worked on Armada directly consulting with the heads over at Paramount, i hear theres a good chance of seeing the ships / consepts in Armada becomming cannon. Those new romulan ships would be a VERY welcome addition.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I get a shiplist from Armada?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.st-armada.com

------------------
"Look! I'm quoting myself."
- me

(-=\V/=-)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx, but there are only the different classes and not the names of the ships.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most names are generated one the spot. I'll see if I can find some sort of source file.

------------------
"Look! I'm quoting myself."
- me

(-=\V/=-)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly doubt anything in the game will ever become canon. I mean, when was the last time those big googly-eyed things from Judgement Rites showed up?

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true Sol. Thoses things were still cool looking! But, in this case its diffrent, the designs and CG data are under the Paramount lisence, meaning if they need a new Romulan Ship or if they need to show another Borg ship/starbase or whatver, they will pull the CG data right from the game... i really hope they do.... but its understandable how tempral weapons or any of those in-game speacialty weapons wont step into the cannon Trek world.

If you want to join my Armada clan, go here: http://techfx.brunslo.com/redsquad/

Shameless plug!

------------------
------------------

Wes
Member # 212

Starships in Armada named using a script. Basicly random. The re-occuring ships are

USS Enterprise-E (Soveriegn-Class, Flagship)
USS Premonition (Premonition-Class Timeship)
USS Jupiter (Akira-Class, Backs up the Ent-E)
USS Avenger (Worf's Defiant-Class Ship)

Sela's Warbird
Romulan Omega-Containment ship

Martok's Klingon Flagship (Neg'var)

Locutus' Cube
Borg Omega-Containment ship

the names of these ships are not given, the display simply says "Martok's Neg'Var" ect...

------------------
------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes, but the content of EVERY Trek game is Paramount approved. That doesn't mean they particularly want to use it.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Wes
Member # 212

This was the first game where the desginers had to APPROVE the new desgins for 'later use'. If this means shows i'll be happy, they could of been refering to more games, but Paramount doesnt make the games.

------------------
------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps