Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Aerowing" on Equinox (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: "Aerowing" on Equinox
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That looks to me like a small crater. Look at the ragged edge and the color inside the circle.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at the CGI myself, the wing doesn't look messed up.

There does appear to be a registry number on the aeroshuttle, it's too small to make out though, but I believe it also says NCC-72381.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked with the original photo - the wing isn't broken or anything, it's just covered with some of that black dirt. Whether or not this means it's damaged is open to question.

Boris

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Altair, the reason the picture makes the wing look broken is because of the color of the wing. The wing shouldn't come to a point, like you illustrated on the top side. It is identical to the "broken" side, but, because of the scan, the colors aren't able to be seperated.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hhmmm.. Yes, I can see what you mean.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a better scan, check out this pic send to me by The359: http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/new/shuttle.htm

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

That really cleared things up about the wings, thanks!

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wording on your page is identical to that of my .ricksternbach post starting with "an Aerowing". I know I have such a perfect way of saying things, but still...

My post to .ricksternbach:

The Equinox does have an Aerowing-style shuttle of its own, quote "a hypersonic 'waverider' shuttle, a highly fuel-efficient vehicle at Mach 5 and above".

The description on your page:

The Nova-class has an Aerowing-style shuttle of its own, quote "a hypersonic 'waverider' shuttle, a highly fuel-efficient vehicle at Mach 5 and above".

Boris

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boris: Yeah, from the word quote, I used your exact words, the other was a bit modified. I can�t get the magazine itself, you see. Thus I have no idea what the article says. I figured the wording was from the magazine, and not original words from you. So I was a bit lazy, but, hey, I have rephrased it now. Sorry...
------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

[This message has been edited by pIn'a' Sov (edited May 11, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by pIn'a' Sov (edited May 11, 2000).]

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it's scans ye want, eh? So be it then...

4-view Schematics = 1605x1752
http://trekelite.virtualave.net/Equinox_1.gif

4-view CGI Renders = 1300x2010
http://trekelite.virtualave.net/Equinox_2.jpg

Take that. =P

------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

SapphireEclipse Productions
http://sapphireeclipse.virtualave.net/

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for making them bigger Vorlon, but we already had these (albeit smaller) earlier in this topic. The 4-view schematics are clear but only half of what the final product looked like on-screen (I hate when magazines don't publish accurate stuff!)
The black CGI's are excellent, because they show the final product.
For anyone whose interested, I've been working on "canon-izing" the dorsal and ventral schematics from the magazine and the model kit. I could post them soon, if anyone wants.
But, just today I found some great schematics HERE!. They are wonderfull!

------------------
Impact in 5-4-3-2-1.....more or less...
-Crewman Tal Celes

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

Good, these look much better than my version. Vorlon: did you increase the scale on the scanner, or did you just resize them in PSP? I gotta know this.

The top view in the schematics is by Rick Sternbach, and it's not meant to be the final version. The other views are by Tim Earls. I'm sure the Magazine or the Fact Files will go ahead and do a Technical Briefing on the Equinox, featuring proper schematics.

Boris

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
59650: Yes, I know that. I only posted these now because they WERE bigger and of much better quality than those earlier ones... Those ones at Bernd's site are the same schematics as mine, only the black background has been removed. I was eventually going to do that to mine as well.

Boris: I just scanned them at 300dpi, full colour. What you see is what you get, except for the CGI views, which I actually resized down by 200 pixels...

------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

SapphireEclipse Productions
http://sapphireeclipse.virtualave.net/

Starship Freak
Member # 293

I would love to have a pic of the underside of the Equinox, focusing on the waverider. Unfortunately this is the best I�ve got: http://hem.passagen.se/pinasov/nova.jpg
Anyone got any better?

------------------

[This message has been edited by pIn'a' Sov (edited June 03, 2000).]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps