Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Possible spoiler ���� Starship sightings in new episode (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Possible spoiler ���� Starship sightings in new episode
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the new voyager episode, we get to see 7of9 watching some computerscreens. I think I see the starfleet attack fighter, the jemhadar battlecruiser upside down, and at least one more starship.
Can anyone post screengrabs??

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the name of the ep? Not that I'd be any good to you as far as screencaps are concerned, but would you be talking about Drone by any chance?

In that, there was a scene in Engineering where the crew were filling Borg data nodes with information, and a few ships such as the Dominion big-ship were displayed.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okuda's been reusing graphics again, if by "new episode" you mean "Fury". I have yet to see it tomorrow.

The one interesting thing about this is the presence of Jem'Hadar battlecruisers in the databanks - we didn't see the first one before "By Inferno's Light" (actually the first part of the two-parter, whatever the name), which would be Voyager's season 3. The fact that it's upside down might suggest that Starfleet intelligence didn't really know much about it, other than perhaps its basic shape.

Boris

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I actually mean "Lifeline", although I wouldn�t mind to see graphics from "Drone"!
You can see the promo for "Lifeline" on mr vidiot�s site. It also features a new type of federation starbase!

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Boris, I'd say it was either a cock-up or an in-joke viz. the inverted Encyclopedia image of the Jem'Hadar battleship.

The topic of what was seen in 'Drone was brought up by yours truly last summer - where are the damned Arhcives!?

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a look at that promo - Seven is in Astrometrics, right? So what is the purpose of that screen - to randomly display information from Voyager's databanks? I doubt that Jem'Hadar ships and Starfleet attack fighters have much to do with the episode.

Boris

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The astrometrics scene is either from "Hope And Fear", when the message from Admiral Hayes is decoded, or from the episode after "Message In A Bottle", where they receive the data originally...

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the image of the Astrometrics screen with all that data being displayed is from "The Voyager Conspiracy". Remember that episode? We all thought is was going to be good, but it turned out crappy. Seven was reviewing all of Voyager's logs and whataver else was in the databanks.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

The episode itself was pretty hillarious, Seven gets an information overload playing with fire, metaphorically speaking, and goes kablooee (aaaahhh....). We did get a lot of new information, though, a few stardates, the basic principle behind tricobalt devices....overall, it wasn't such a waste of time.

Boris

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So "Lifeline" is the next episode with Troi, Barcley, and Dr. Zimmerman. Would that station we saw in the promo be the imfamous Jupiter Station?

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess would be that it is indeed Jupiter Station. It looks like they took the top of Spacedock, copied and pasted several copies onto a copy of the MIDAS Array.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? To me it looks like they took the top of the orbital complex of Utopia Planitia and pasted it on several copies of the MIDAS Array.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaaaaaargh don't they EVER listen to my ideas!?!

I want to see the jupiter station with lovely big windows looking out to jupiter in the background... preferably in the cafe that Dr. Zimmerman wanted Leeta to come back and work at...

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Well, here are two of my own screencaps from mr vidiot�s. http://hem.passagen.se/pinasov/lifeline.jpg http://hem.passagen.se/pinasov/lifeline1.jpg
My questions are these: What is that yellow ship to the upper left?
What are the screens above the Jem Hadar ship in both my pics showing us?

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That yellow ship is Voyagers own 'rotating MSD', the one with the larger nacelles. It is seen on a lot of background screens through the whole show.

The stuff above the upsidedown Jemmie ship looks like a solarsystem in the first pic. I can't make sence of what it is in the second pic.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps