Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Possible spoiler ���� Starship sightings in new episode (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Possible spoiler ���� Starship sightings in new episode
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, the station looked most like six spare Ambassador class saucers bolted together, with the antenna assemblies of the Midas array plus tanks common with the Regula stations added to the assembly.

Who knows, perhaps this IS a Federation method of building space stations - they build more primary than secondary hulls, and use the former as space station elements, simply with different innards. They could even haul them in place using the stardrive sections of the respective ship classes, provided that an Ambassador can operate without the full interiors of her primary hull in place. Conveniently enough, an Ambassador has her impulse engines in the secondary hull, or at least in the neck, leaving the saucer empty of externally evident crucial hardware.

Timo Saloniemi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've had enough of this. Could someone please post a screencap of the station?

------------------
"Keep on Trekking"
-D. Kelly

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE!

(BTW are there anybig windows so my Cafe overlooking Jupiter can be built?)

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the bottom of one of my federation starbases pages: http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/scifi/starbase3.htm

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a nice place to take a vacation.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.