Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Hokule'a Vote (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hokule'a Vote
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not really anything to do with Hokule'a class but, those variants in the back of the DS9TM, are nothing better that what has been put here, I mean look at that hoplessley out scaled Danube nacelle pylon on the Intrepid/Constitution variant...

what constitution did that engineering section come from anyway!?!

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Brigman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez you guys are harsh! I'm with Baloo. Mellow out on the guy!

Personally, I like the top one, but would love to see top and front views as well. Sometimes it's hard to say from just a side view!

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

IP: Logged
grb
Ex-Member

I myself like the bottom one. It seems more like a starship of the Hokule'a time period. It has that ambassador-like secondaru hull, and those round warp engines. BTW, does anyone have any idea where the name Hokule's come from?

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Hokule'a is a Hawaiian canoe.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Hawaiian, whatever it is...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that end apostrophe/vowel combination is popular in Hawai'i.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BRIGMAN!!!!!!! I re-read my post - I wasn't even TALKING about those pics posted above - I was commenting on the stuff from the DS9 TM!

Andrew

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Brigman
Ex-Member

Andrew, I wasn't talking to you.

Just know this crowd gets militant about "canon", which to me is kinda silly...

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it depends on the specs and stuff .... personally, the bottom one looks more aesthetic ... but the top one looks like it has more technical promise.

And so what if he wants to design his own ship, even if the first design actually exists? .. I mean, come on ... it's only a design........

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our point is that the name is already taken...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to defend the above designs, for I don't like immature cut'n'paste either. I only like to annotate that conjectural designs are legitimate, if they are explicitly marked as such and unless there might be a "real" design for the ship.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps