Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Size of Starfleet (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Size of Starfleet
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm certainly glad that's been cleared up.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fuck!?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that we should not expect coherence or clarity from someone who posts the entire contents of the U.S. Navy Fact File index in the text of the message rather than providing a simple link...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, when he printed it it fit on his arm.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
The fuck!?

Ditto.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Vorlon:
So, we're all pretty much starting to agree on a fairly large Fed fleet, right? Okay, so then I'm going to throw registry numbers into the mix... =]

Currently, there are no NCC #s higher than 76000, and assuming that those numbers ARE chronological and are assigned to any ship SF builds (regardless of NCC/NAR, etc), then SF CANNOT have more than 76000 ships. Next piece of evidence; USS Ambassador with NX-10521 was built around 2315-2320, meaning that at that time, the Federation was no more than 11000 ships, which seems fitting for that era. During the almost 60 years between then and now, SF has built 60,000 ships or all sizes, and according to Romulan statements in "The Neutral Zone", the Federation had greatly expanded it's borders during the time the Romulans had been in isolation, this jives with the massive increase in fleet size.

Now, the oldest ships we've seen in the war had regs in the 31000 range. 76,000-31,000 - 45,000 ships most likely still in service. Again, Sternbach's comment about the 30,000 ship size of SF seems relativitly conserative, given various facts, and also quite realistic.

Gee, reg #s FINALLY work right for once. =]

Actually, there would only need to be one NX ship per class!
FIgure one in ten NX ships become their own class of ships spawning between 50-200 ships each and you get a very large fleet. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
????

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clean-up time. I'm closing down most of the RAMA-inspired flamefests in S&T, and suggesting that the issue be discussed at the Lounge, where a suitable thread now exists. Have no fear, the "Size of Starfleet" question will pop up again in some form sooner than you think...

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps