Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » need some registry numbers

Author Topic: need some registry numbers
spyone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boys and girls, I seek some registry numbers, and this seems like the right place to ask. What I am seeking is canon answers, or the lack thereof. Please label all conjecture as such. Anyway:

USS Centaur, Centaur Class
USS CHallenger, Challenger Class
USS Cotez, Class unknown -- missing presumed destroyed after Operation Return
USS Destiny, Class unknown -- Ezri Dax served on her
USS Farragut, Excelsior Class
USS Honshu, Nebula Class
USS Majestic, Miranda Class
USS Olympia, Class unknown
USS Saratoga, Class unknown, docked at DS9
USS Sarek, Class unknown -- part of Operation Return
USS Sentinel, Class Unknown
USS Shenandoah, Danube Class -- lost sd51825
USS Sitak, Miranda Class -- destroyed retaking DS9
USS Ticonderoga, Class unknown -- was part of the blockade of the Romulan/Klingon border
USS T'Kumbra, Nebula Class

------------------
You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

IP: Logged
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Centaur NCC 39412 (from http://www.shipschematics.net
USS Challenger, Challenger Class... Don't know probably something with NCC 575**... or the Galaxy-Class version NCC 70637
USS Honshu NCC 60205
USS Majestic NCC 31860
USS Saratoga maybe the replacement has the same registry NCC 31911
USS Shenandoah NCC 73024

thats all i can give you! I think the rest of them were only mentioned in certain episodes and nobody at paramount thought a registry was necessary.

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

http://www.seventhworld.de.vu

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited July 16, 2000).]

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for the Ticonderoga, wasn't that only in the 2nd edition Encyclopedia: revised sectioin. Supposedly it was in ST: Insurrection, but it was never mentioned on screen. No class or registry, although there is a theory that it was Admiral Dougherty's ship, and the scout ship was assigned to it, in which case the smaller's ship registry would be the Ticonderoga's. As for the Challenger. There are at least 2 ships, possibly three. Two official ones are the Galaxy and the one from Operation Retrieve in ST 6. I don't have my list with me, but I believe the reg. was something like 20xx. The latter ship may be the prototype, although evidence is now pointing otherwise, considering the huge jump in registry numbers.

Nemesis, I'm not sure if shipsschematics is canon, I don't think there is an official registry for the Centaur just, yet. But I may be wrong.
------------------
"I just want to set the record straight: I thought the officer was a prostitute"- Homer Simpson

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited July 16, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regardless of what shipschematics.net says, the Centaur's registry was never onscreen, at least not to our knowledge.

The ST6 Challenger was NCC-2032, but is almost certainly not the Challenger-class prototype.

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Michael Jan Friedmans non-canon book "Saratoga" the registry of the new Saratoga is NCC-31911-A.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Galaxy Challenger is NCC-71099, not NCC-70637. That's the Galaxy itself.

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Preed, Titan A.E.

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh, you're right with the Challenger! I looked on the wrong column! Sorry spyone, my mistake!
As for the Centaur, you're also right...but i think the registry is quite fitting, but not canon.
I wonder why the Ticonderoga was mentioned in the Ency, as i can recall it was only mentioned in the Insurrection Book.
Anyway, i hope i could help you.

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

http://www.seventhworld.de.vu

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited July 16, 2000).]

spyone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all for your efforst, and please continue.

I took the notation that the number for USS Centaur came from Starship Schematics to mean you would not vouch for its canon status, and I welcome such speculation.

Ticonderoga, in my 3rd edition Encyclopedia, is described as appearing in Insurrection, and I imagine the Okudas are chagrinned that it did not.

------------------
You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, we can always say that the nameless scout NCC-75227 was actually named the Ticonderoga... Or, more seriously speaking, that she was attached to the Ticonderoga, NCC-75227, as an auxiliary, and left behind for Dougherty to play with when the Tico sailed out before the events of the movie.

There was lots and lots of material filmed for "Insurrection" but cut from the final release, and I have no doubt the Ticonderoga was mentioned in one version and wasn't just an invention of the novelist. It's unlikely that we'll ever see an extended version including this scene, though (since the cut scenes mostly included even more bad jokes in the style of Worf's pimple).

Timo Saloniemi

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well what Timo said was my initial theory as well. Since the engines of a ship have to be modified for travel in the Briar Patch it would be a whole lot easier to do it on a small craft's engine than the entire ship.

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps