Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Klingon BOP warp nacelles? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Klingon BOP warp nacelles?
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The warp nacelles are supposed to be on either side of the impulse engine, according to the Fact Files. They also say that the ship would be more maneuverable if the nacelles are closer together, although I believe quite the opposite.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at the aft view of a BoP, I see the large red warp engine. I don't think it has nacelles in the traditional sense that we think of them. Below the red warp engine there's a row of small white-ish yellow boxes which I believe to be the impulse engine.

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be more consistent with the Okudagram that shows only one row of warp coils. Then again, the aft hull of the BoP is a mess in any case. One has to have a big cargo bay with room for two humpbacks, a warp engine, an impulse engine, an aft boarding ramp, landing legs, wing hinges, a transporter room and a main engineering room somewhere... And all these for the small roughly 80m (or even 60m going by the forward pod mock-up) BoP of ST3/4! For some ships, an aft-firing disruptor or torp launcher as well.

Packing it all in would be a masterpiece of starship design to say the least. Or require TARDIS technology.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps