Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf359 ship comparison... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wolf359 ship comparison...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask, how do we know what the BOTTOM of the Cheyenne looks like?? Has Mike Okuda, mentioned anything about the bottom half?? Is there a mating escape pod on the lower 'neck'... is there a deflector on the underside of the hull... like the 'little window deflector' on the Galaxy class saucer?? Does the underneath directly mirror the top? Is there a captain's yacht!?!

Also, just wondering about the Cheyenne's rear... in some schematics and the model work in progress, it shows the 'spines of the galaxy necks' tapering back - but in the picture from the trading card - I don't think there is as big a 'slope' so maybe they somehow sliced of the 'point' and covered it over!?!

Also the saucer seems to have an extra 'deck' - i.e. that gold 'ring' compared to say a galaxy saucer...

ALSO, in the model work in progress the Lifeboat hatches are a TAD too small - look at the 'flat section' of the saucer on the 'cheyenne' the square hatch nearly reaches to the rim and to the start of the rise of the saucer - in the work in progress model - there are much larger gaps in these places... the larger hatches of the Cheyenne also give the saucer a smaller look (and so do the larger windows of course).

What does everyone else think!?!

Also, have a look at the top part of the saucer... if the front is 12 o'clock and where the 'neck' starts is six o'clock then look at about 5 and 7 o'clock... there are "long windows" facing aft... could these in a Cheyenne be possible shuttle bays with the roller door type covering!?!

Andrew
Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited July 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited July 26, 2000).]

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone bothered to email Ed Miarecki and ask him for the unknown details of the study models he produced, if he remembers them? He lists them on the resume on his site, so he's presumably proud of them (to some degree).

We're getting answers from Okuda and Sternbach about all sorts of things. Maybe Ed will be forthcoming as well?

If someone has already asked, what was his response?

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I wrote him and he claimed that he doesn't remember a thing. He seemed a little curt in his response, and my message was very polite. Draw your own conclusions, but I think he doesn't want to deal with us.

As for my model, I was going for a simple approach. I figured that they didn't modify their parts too much from the kits available. And I just made the life boats the same size as those on the enterprise-d. Also, I just made up the bottom to look like another one I saw. I think it looks neat, so I used a little artistic license. You can just ignore the bottom of my model once I finish it.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the reason Miarecki probably sounded so curt, even with Erick's good intentions and polite message, was that when the Wolf 359 project began back in February, everyone and his brother (myself included, unfortunately) emailed him about the models he names on his resume. He got fed up with the constant barrage of emails regarding the subject, since no one knew that 500 other people were emailing him the same message.

However, the information he did supply was somewhat informative. Anyone can read the whole exchange by reading the "Wolf 359 The Next Round" thread.

------------------
Captain Tenille: "Oh, Simpson, you're like the son I never had."
Homer: "And you're like the father I never visit."

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - I figured you guys wouldn't miss the obvious approach. It's too bad these guys work so hard on the stuff that they don't have time to really play with it. (Sorta like me & code; as a software developer for, well, a large software company in Redmond, WA, I don't have time to write all the fun code I'd like to.)

fructose1 (sorry, don't know anyone's off-forum name): I like the design you've done for the Cheyenne shuttlebays. The port one appears to be resin, while the starboard one appears to be mostly "kit plastic". Is the starboard shuttlebay adapted from the 1:1400 Enterprise and the port one a resin copy?

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close, I used one of the tops that I had left over and cut it up some. The 1/1400 one would have been too big. But the other is resin. (I love that stuff!) And in case you didn't see it in the other posts and all over my site, I'm the 'Erick' everyone is talking about.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps