Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Stargazer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Stargazer
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, we see the model of the Stargazer in Picard's ready room, and it's yellow... could it be possible that the ship was actually painted yellow!?! OK, yeah, we've seen it in "The Battle" but, Daimon Bok did say they fixed her up. (Side note, I just had deja vu typing this post!)

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the photographic model for the Constellation-class starships was never painted yellow by Paramount, that much is certain. It is another matter whether the ship represented by Picard's model was painted yellow once - but this ship is not the Stargazer. It is an unnamed ship with the registry NCC-7100.

The odds are, the yellow color is no more significant than the silvery finish of some Constitution-refit tabletop models seen in TNG, or the coppery surface of the wall-relief ships in the Observation Lounge in early TNG.

It may even be that there never was a ship registered NCC-7100. The model might be a gift from somebody aboard the Stargazer, say, Jack Crusher. And 7100 might be the vidiphone number of a special girl both Jean-Luc and Jack knew at Starbase 63. Or then young Wes Crusher, aged 2½, built the ship for his dad and used an imaginary registry number (no, I don't mean NCC-7100i!).

Timo Saloniemi

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that like 7100i*7099i*7098i*...?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I love you all. Now shut up. Danke." - Simon Sizer

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited August 08, 2000).]

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know how helpful this is, but the mirco-machine toy of the Stargazer was yellow while all other Federationships had the gray/blue color scheme.

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how that will look on-screen, a gold-colored starship... I think it's not safe to fly such a thing, you got the Ferengi on your tail in no time!

------------------
(dedication plaque)

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

[This message has been edited by Alpha Centauri (edited August 08, 2000).]

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: The micro machine Stargazer

Some Galoob rep once stated (on a web BBS they ran for a while) that the ship was yellow to mimic Picard's ready-room model.

Joshua

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I checked, Starfleet has never painted any of their ships yellow. The Cardassians and the Kazon, yes, but not Starfleet.

------------------
Bart: "Hey, Dad, I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for that crummy old brownie."
Homer: "Done and done...D'oh!"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the model was aged plastic? Have you seen some of your models with little yellow spots on it? I have and it takes a while to get it off without painting.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it such a difficult concept that the model was painted yellow? It's a model, it can look however they want it to. If Picard likes the color yellow, he can have a yellow Constellation in his ready room...

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that's just what we're saying!! He has to hang a wig over it every time a flag-officer visits.

Perhaps it's made of bronze and he stole it from the Starfleet Naval museum giftshop!

And a french gendarme in a wretchedly ugly hat has hunted him for twenty years!

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

Ĉon Flux, "Thanatophobia"

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 11, 2000).]

The_collective
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking aboout the Stargazer, Does anybody have pictures of the bridge or the one of the Hattaway??

Sorry to bring up an old topic....

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are all the newbies resurrecting old threads?

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

The_collective
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I already say, I'm sorry to bring up an old topic. I was thinking starting a new one but found this one and put my question in it.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there is nothing wrong with that. It's just that for some of us oldtimers it feels like the past is stalking us, with great nasty teeth.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've run out of new things to talk about.
In all fairness, alot of the old stuff is now unavailable so its not like you can say "go read an archive".

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.