Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Excalibur Galaxy Class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Excalibur Galaxy Class
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Course, the idea that a ship needs to do something special to get a letter suffix is purely hypothesis, anyway...

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually, the Excalibur did save a planet/star system... In the New Frontier novels, of course.

------------------
"He may not be a god, but on this ship, I am!"
-Andromeda

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd think then that the Excelsior might get a suffix. It did prevent a Klingon/Federation was (er, with the Enterprise's help).

The Yamoto was a mistake. Look, do you think that Riker's smarter than the computer? He just made it up, to look like he knew what he was talking about.

What timeship had the suffix? The one in Future's End?

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the U.S.S. Relativity NCV-474439-G

And don't forget the Nash NCC-2010-B

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited October 26, 2000).]

ImmortalBear
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked through Restoration the other day at Borders.
According to the book, the newest starship to carry the name Excalibur is indeed, a Galaxy-class ship.
Shelby described it as being "a normal Galaxy-class on the outside, but on the inside, well, are you familiar with the old term "hot rod" ?" As for who the captain of this ship is, you will just have to read the book and find out for yourself.

Concerning Shelby's first command, the USS Exeter, The book doesnt say what class of ship the Exeter is. I would hypothesize that its one of the larger starship classes, since there was a 10-Forward lounge and holodecks mentioned as onboard facilities. There anr only 3 ship classes I can think of with saucer sections that large: the Sovereign, Galaxy and Nebula classes. Personally, I think its a Nebula class ship.

Anyone wish to comment on this?

------------------
"I've seen more stable nuthouses. I bet Picard never has these problems."
-Mackenzie Calhoun
Captain USS Excalibur

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Exeter was a Ambassador class in canon trek, but really any big ship would do in the novels.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would make sense for Starfleet to give Shelby an Ambassador class ship. She has experience with those, and originally Jellico more or less wanted her to take command of the Excalibur (by ousting Calhoun).

One wonders if most of the surviving Ambassadors spent the time of DS9 undergoing upgrades similar to those performed on the Excalibur before the beginning of the New Frontier series. Perhaps they had all been more or less dismantled for repairs and upgrading, and putting them back together for the war wouldn't have been cost-efficient - the dockyards would have been better used for supporting non-dismantled ships.

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jupiter station is made out of parts of decomissioned ships, such as Ambassador class saucers.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps