Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NCC-70915---Nebula Class

Author Topic: NCC-70915---Nebula Class
CaptSershek
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd, I was by your website today (I frequently visit as well as several sites of a starship nature i.e. Frank G's, Joe Crieghton, Lazaro Rojas (Starship Encyclopia), etc. and I noticed in your Nebula Class section you lited the above starship. What episode is that from and how was it referenced?

Thanks in advance

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

IP: Logged
Lindsly
Ex-Member

Welcome Capt Shershek
Bernd obtained the information from me. There is a picture of the starship in the Model Citizen. I contacted the webmaster of that site-Roger Sorenson-and asked him what episode this ship appeared in. Mr. Sorenson replied that the picture came from a magazine which did an article on the special effects for the episode "Message in a Bottle". This was the Nebula Class starship being attacked in that episode. I have the response from Mr. Sorenson saved on file. If you e-mail me, I will be more than happy to send you a copy. To find the picture in the Model Citizen, use Bernd's link to the site. Go to the Nebula Section. Click aft quarter view and you should see a pictue of the ship. BTW, the USS Leeds (NCC-70352) is from the episode "Sacrifice of Angels".

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Lindsly.

------------------
Brain. Brain. What is brain? (Kara the Eymorg, "Spock's Brain")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was the one who found that picture, thank you. I used it for my infamous Nebula class thread at SFCR.
Lindsly
Ex-Member

Federation Shipmaster: It doesn't matter who found the ship first-you, me, or Roger Sorenson. What matters is that the ship is known. BTW, I never explictly stated that I found the ship. I know that you are in eighth grade-so let me tell you this, when you read a paragraph or a sentence, read every word carefully. Never make a judgment until you finish reading. This is basic English etiquette. Do we understand?
CaptSershek
Ex-Member

Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to update my ship database soon. Now if we can find out the name/registry of the following, life would be sweet. Miranda/ST Generations, Nebula/Non-Sequitor, and the many other unnamed ships we've seen so far. The challenge continues.

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum may not have a moderator, but a certain amount of politeness won't hurt.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry.

Sol: Who was that directed at?

CaptSershek
Ex-Member

Whose fault it was is irrelevant. I do concur that politeness should be in any forum. We are intelligent adults sharing in our favorite show and passion. Politeness never hurts. Thanks for listening.

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

Even though some of us aren't legal adults yet...

------------------
What bloke invented this idea?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, from what Sershek was saying, has anyone confirmed the name/registry of the Oberth in Generations?

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumor has it that it was USS Valiant, NCC-20000, but, no, I haven't seen any confirmation of it...

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps