Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Defiant... LENGTH!

Author Topic: Defiant... LENGTH!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no you say, well I never have bothered entering into one of these conversations, until I recently just didn't like how the Defiant was nearly the length of a Galaxy Class saucer section...

OK, reference, basically you need a reference, but shock horror, i'm not using any station or starship on screen reference, cause I think those have been pretty buggered up.

Bascially everyone open the back of their upgraded encyclopedias, - go on...

ok, good.

Now I pretty much agree with the ships that are their and their respective lengths, except for the Defiant, and probably the Norway - but the Norway is difficult, seeing as we have rarely seen her...

anyway, the defiant has 4 decks (plus a little padding)

basically the defiant should be about as big as the Grissom's saucer/nacelle area - probably even a little smaller...

probably about twice the lenth of the danube class...

the defiant is one tiny cramped ship - it doesn't have those seven metre high corridors...

so about the size of an Oberth class's nacelle/saucer section...

thankyou.

Andrew

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God! It's the infamous Defiant Length Thread again! Run for your lives! Save yourselves! Fire in the hole!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

[This message was edited by Siegfried on March 28, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*treads bravely into this thread, brushing past a crowd of angels cowering outside*

Actually, I'm not entirely sure what your point is. Elucidate, please?

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Defiant has five decks as per "The Way of the Warrior, Part II".

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't it have like four main decks and then like a lower "half deck" around the nacelles?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on who you believe. Some would say it has five full decks, plus a semideck...

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

STOP.
THIS.
NOW.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*agrees with RW* Guys, no matter how many times we go through this, someone will be disatisfied with the answer. I say we all just agree to disagree, and let that be the end of it.

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*didn't know there was a big problem with this; thought he was being helpful by pointing this out*

Sorry.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. This is a nasty subject. I think that even if Worf or Sisko said the length on the show, we would still be disagreeing. =(

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After all, people can be wrong...but what we see can't.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Vortex: "It just don't pack the punch it used to..."
Swindle: "Yeah, because we're out of energy, dummy."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shudders*

Cirkey...I've been over this 1 billion times. I hope that those angels take flight soon 1st. *L*.

I too fear to tread.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.