Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Curry as possible Mediterranean class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Curry as possible Mediterranean class
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: Hey, that's great! I didn't know the Fact Files had any information at all about the Centaur, since, being a Yank, I can't get them (and I know that ST:The Magazine hasn't given any info so far). Is it possible to either post or email a scan of the Centaur's registry information?

------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obi Juan said:

quote:
because Curry is a stupid name for a class

Excuse me. But I am going to have to do to you what god did to the Sodomites.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am revising my ship list. Thanks, Reverend.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as requested, a scan from the fact files.
http://www.stormloader.com/reverendtrig/Images/centaur.jpg

------------------
Cluck cluck jibber jibber, my old man's a mushroom etc.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a striking similarity to the NCC-62043 of the Melbourne. I always believed it was an ordinary kitbash, but is it possible they modified the Excelsior model for that?

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not? they had already CG'd the excelsior at that point so I don't think they needed the physical model anymore. The Centaur on the other hand, was probably a kitbashed modelkit, maybe thats why its Miranda roll bar/nacelle pylon was so large.

------------------
We attack tommorow, under cover of daylight!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But..ehm...didn't they sell the Excelsior model on an auction or something?.. or is this just a dream of mine interfering with reality?

quote:
Excuse me. But I am going to have to do to you what god did to the Sodomites.

You're going to throw an atomic bomb on his head? Because that's what 'God' threw on Sodom...

------------------
"Content, graphics, and design are © 1999-2000 by The Solareclipse Network"
-And no-one even noticed the typo...
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, aside from the fact that Atomic Bombs weren't invented then, and that it's a crazy revisionist's theory,...

Keep religion, and God in quotations in the Flameboard.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The extra bits on the E-B were added on to the original Excelsior model, so they didn't have to cut into the original model to show the Nexus damage.

Andrew

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I thought "yow, Obi Juan's not gonna be able to sit down for a week."

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also a Blackadder quote. The follow up is

"Baldrick, what exactly did God do to the Sodomites?"

"I don't know my lord, but it can't have been worse than what they did to each other."

The original Excelsior model was modified into the Ent-B for Generations. It also showed up in "Paradise Lost". A short time later, Greg Jein (possibly) built a new Excelsior model for "Flashback". Don't ask me why they didn't use the original. Maybe it was harder to remove the extra bits that they had originally thought.

Anyway, this Excelsior, and the CGI model, has been the version seen pretty much exclusively since then. It differers from the original in that the black parts of the warp engines now glow blue (like post-TNG Federation ships). I'm not sure what colour the blue bits on top are now.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Excelsiors on DS9 were uprated and upgraded versions. But we all know that the CGI models had some mistakes on them.

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another problem I've got is, history is written by the victors. We only have the Bible's word that the Sodomites were toilet traders. And who wrote the bible? The Israelites. Who were the Israelites the chosen people of? God. Who smote the Sodomites. . . you see where I'm going with this. So for all we know, all the Sodomites ever did wrong was worship the wrong idol. Maybe Sodomy was a local word for, uh, flower-arranging. But then they get FUBARed, and consigned to history solely for surfing the chocolate speedway. Pardon the pun, but that's quite a bummer.

Sorry, where were we? �)

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I was just looking at a screencap of the Centaur and I noticed something interesting that might support Dukhat's theory. If you look at the underside of the centaur, you can see what looks like escape pod hatches. Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Rennaissance class, (according to TNG Tech Manual) the first starships to be fitted with asrv's like thoses on the E-D. That plus the fact that this ship can easily be classified a scout, like the Aries in "The Icarus Factor" which is a known Rennaissance, I think that the centaur may well be Rennaissance-class.
Does anyone know who built the miniature? maybe this ship was ment to fit in with the Rennaissance description, the same goes for the Curry being a Mediterranean-class freighter. Do we know anything else that supports this?

------------------
We attack tommorow, under cover of daylight!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.