Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Chart Update is HERE! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Chart Update is HERE!
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good work. May I ask who did the NO top view? It looks pretty precise and takes into account newest research results.
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*I* made it, because no one else would.

I also made the new Olympic diagram.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That supposed Niagara is just sooooooooo ugly...

Anyway, that picture that Bernd posted of the giant-nacelled Curry... That is what it looks like...

------------------
"You're a looney."
-Graham Chapman, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: I still hope the Curry doesn't look like that.

Vorlon: Did you spend less than two days for the NO diagram? You know that would have been my schedule.

Lindsly
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that when I saw the ship, that is identifed as either being Sherry or Curry, in the episode that the registry was visible. The registry appeared to be NCC-45617. Can anyone confirm this?
IP: Logged
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd: It took 1 day.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

*bows in admiration*
The Vorlon
Member # 52

It wasn't that hard, really. I just scanned on of the plainer diagrams out of the TNGTM and did some cut 'n pasting. I got the main body done during TrekSunday, added the windows/lifeboats/etc on Monday and put the chart out Sunday night.

The Olympic top diagram was even easier, about 4 hours.

Now, anyone interested in making Front views? =]

------------------

www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lindsly: First, it's Shelley, not Sherry. As in Mary Shelley, author of Frankenstein. Someone named it that after commenting that it was a veritable Frankenstein's monster of a ship. Secondly, if there was a registry on the ship, it wasn't visible onscreen. At least, not in any vidcap I've seen...

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure, but perhaps he is referring to the Excelsior class starship that was being towed in the same scene that we see the Shelley/Curry?

------------------
Risk is our business! That's what this starship is all about....that's why we're aboard her!"

[This message was edited by Warped1701 on March 24, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lindsly seems to have some sort of magnified vision, so don't discount what he says. His huge TV helps also...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Motormaster: "Megatron's in trouble!"
Dead End: "Who cares?"
Wildrider: "It looks like Starscream's defeated him!"
Dead End: "So?"

Lindsly
Ex-Member

The episode "A Call to Arms" opens with the scene of ships returning to space. The camera pans from left to right.

*NCC-42111 *NX-74205 *NCC-45617

The first ship seen is the unnamed Excelsior Class(BTW has anyone made an attempt to get the name of this ship? Calling this ship "Anonymous" is getting boring.)with the registry NCC-42111. The next ship with a known registry is the USS Defiant (NX-74205). Then at the far left of the screen is the Shelley(or Curry or whatever) with the registry NCC-45617. The registry is seen on the saucer's upper section in front of the bridge. The best way to view this is to actually have the episode playing, not through vidcaps. Reasons? The quality of the vidcaps may alter the appearance of the original shots. Secondly, IMHO, the attempt to get words on a moving object is not always successful. The words or numbers become blurred in the photo or vidcap. For the record, the dimensions of my tv is 32" with high resolution screen.

Lindsly
Ex-Member

continuation of comments

The only site I know of where there are vidcaps of the NCC-45617 is at Pedro's Shiporama. These images have been compressed to a size that's smaller than the original shots were designed for. The registry is the dark band that is to the left of the battle damage. Ex. in Excel, when I type a number that is larger than the cell can hold, the program translates this into #######. When I enlarge the cell, the cell shows the number 123456789. I believe that this is the effect being seen in the vidcaps. And that is why I suggest that someone view the episode on an actual tv and not on a vidcap that is about six inches high. My tv-32". Vidcap-~6". Difference-26". Extreme compression of image. Any questions?

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Pedro: Do you actually have larger versions of the screen caps?
CaptSershek
Ex-Member

I, too, am a big fan of the Starship charts. They are for me an invaluable resource as a size comparison as well as a good look at all the ships togther. My dream is to have all the ships shown, including Rigel, Challenger, Freedom, Niagara, and the new U.S.S Equinox hopefully before the summer's end. Seeing all the ships, yes ALL of them, would be wonderful. I also understand how much work it is, but well worth it based on the response Vorlon gets everytime there's an upate.

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps