Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT-Era Klingon ship. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ENT-Era Klingon ship.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, saying that - did Eaves/designers just manipulate a CGI Karemma vessel (presumably the one from A Time To Stand) (Or wasn't there one made for Starship Down) and manipulate it into the Klingon ship we saw in Sleeping Dogs?

Funny as that is two episodes existing in the atmosphere of a gas giant!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For chrissakes, Andrew, they're totally differently shaped designs. And the Karemma ship was a model.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, no?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curse my metal fingers, I wasn't fast enough!

Also, my fingers? Not metal.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tom, sheesh. The Karemma vessel still had that baisc klingon-y design. Heavey rear - neck then front - with nacelles in the same postition.

PLUS I believe the scene in A Time (The Bajoran Blockade) had a CGI KAREMMA VESSEL. (Even though it might not have been Karemma controlled at the time).

Andrew

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I'm almost certain the Bajoran scene was done with physical models, since I don't think any Bajoran CGI was ever done, and as the Karemma ship would have to be modeled computerily, it would not be significantly cheaper or easier than just designing a new ship.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Or do they have some fancy scanner these days that does that? I am out of my element.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but it is easier to build a good 3d model that you already have the blueprints for, than to invent one completly from scratch.

There is defiantly a CGI Karemma ship knocking around, judging by some still shots that have shown up in the fact files which are defiantly not of the model.
It was probably built for one of the calendars.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add.tanks.
 -

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite likely the Karemma ship was always and only CGI. In "Starship Down" the scenes inside the gas giant atmosphere used a CG Defiant and attack ships (done by VisionArt), so it stands to reason that the Karemma vessel was CG too.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Thankyou Dax, I knew I didn't dream that.

quote:
(Or wasn't there one made for Starship Down)
Andrew

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A ST: Voyager episode showed that vessel in the background... I think it was when Paris and Torres got married after a race.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite impressive, Lobo. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Have you considered designing John Eaves original klingon ship that was intended for "Unexpected"? That is a cool looking ship and it would be great to see an accurate representation of his ship.

"Set a course that is straight and true." Capt. Hunter Star Trek: Nova

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
A ST: Voyager episode showed that vessel in the background... I think it was when Paris and Torres got married after a race.

"Drive" And the Bajorans used one in an episode.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remembered something, the CG Karema ship had a differently shaped head than the original model, the original one had a two pronged nose while the CG one had a head section that looked more Klingon. I'm not sure how relevant that is, if at all.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps