Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Prometheus Class Refit Corridors and Bridge (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Prometheus Class Refit Corridors and Bridge
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not exactly what you might expect at first, but both of these sets were done as slightly different than the canon sets intentionally. The Corridors are intended to be more of a homage to the TMP and TNG set, and the bridge is a redress of the Equinox bridge (which used most of the same parts as the Prometheus bridge). This was done as a request for the USS Encounter RPG group. They will be getting more sets in the future including a mess hall.

Corridors:
Merry Christmas!!!

-
1600x1200

-
1600x1200

-
1600x1200

-
1600x1200

Bridge:

-
1600x1200
1280x960

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's purrrrty ...

I love the corridor stuff.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spectabulous, lighting's damn near perfect [Smile]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so.... sweeeet.

I love the details like the floor hatch on the bridge.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome work Seanr. [Big Grin] Welcome to Flare and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You really know your attention to detail. I am truly impressed. [Wink]
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! BTW, I've been a member longer than you have (look at the member numbers). [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I just don't post here very much.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he's old here. (no insults intended, Sean) He usually posts bridges here and we almost pissed him off enough to permanently leave (after being absent for a while anyway)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my phat T1 never mind seeing his wicked big pictures show up. [Smile]

Now... I'm trying to remember... did we ever see any of the Prommie's corridors? I think all we saw was one wall of the hallway outside of Sickbay, if that. So, I'm guessing you created these corridors specifically for the group you mentioned, yes?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only Prommie sets we see are the bridge, sickbay, and an "interrogation room". The latter is a redress of the Voyager junior officer's quarters with the lighted grille instead of a window. If we see a corridor, it'd be through the door on the interrogation room, and I don't remember anyone entering or leaving the set during the one scene it's used for. The other two are newbuild or guest sets, and wouldn't be on the same soundstage as modified standing sets.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the main reason he went away in the first place was he threw a tantrum when asked to link to his images instead of just posting them.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sean. LOVELY work, yet again! And yet again, I have to nitpick it a little - for perfection! [Smile]

There is no signage on the doors. (maybe you didn't intend for it) Even the TOS Enterprise has signage though.

The bridge is nice - except I think the contrast between the panel lighting and the rest of the bridge is out a little. The panels don't look like they are 'real' or 'part of the bridge'. They shouldn't be so... 'stark'. Would softening them or dimming the panels a little work? And the further away they are from the camera's point of view they should be a bit more... softer/fuzzier/dimmer? Maybe it's just that the panels are so black and coloured they look 'not real'.

I, too love the floor hatch!!

Lovely work again.

OH!! The black panels in the corridors should be reflective - i.e. you should be able to see the other wall and/or lights etc reflected.

And I'd love to see a corridor with a window in it. The only time we've ever seen such a thing is in "Emissary" when Jake and Ben leave the holodeck and there is a window in that corridor and they look out to DS9.

They arrived on an unkown ship. I once asked Michael Okuda on rec.arts.startrek.tech - and he said he didn't know.

It's not the Enterprise - that arrived independently.

It wasn't the Cochrane?? With Jadzia and Julian.

It COULD be a Sydney Class - as they were looking out a rectangular window.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But equip an Oberth or a Sydney with a holodeck? Would it be worth the effort, time, space, program storage, and power needs?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

And I forgot to add that they put that window in the wrong place because it makes the holodeck look likes it's jutting out into space.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I'm pretty sure that the only amount of thought that was put into the corridor set of the ship that Sisko and Jake arrived on was "They have to be able to look out a big window and see the station, and we don't want anyone to think it's the Enterprise."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Well, you don't really have windows in a corridor unless the corridor is at the edge of the hull. In that case, one side should be only windows with no rooms or other compartments. The only thing you could have along that side would be an airlock.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps