Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Misc. TOS stuff (Page 11)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Misc. TOS stuff
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Dayum.

Although, there are threads dating back to March 1999 on this board anyways. What were you doing THEN, shik-not-Shik?

Well, lets just say that back in the 20th century, I was still having immense difficulty in multiplication math and writing in cursive.

Come to think of it, I still possess that problem...

Hey, me too. I still remember watching eps of Voyager when they were new though. I used to have to video tape them because they were on past my bedtime. Gosh, do they even make VCR's anymore?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, dumbass. There's still quite a bit out there on VHS that's not available in any sort of digital format, not to mention the fact that many people still own a large collection of VHS tapes. Besides, it's the only way I know of to record TV on basic cable, since I don't care to pay for a bunch of digital channels I won't watch.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I only ask because I don't see them in stores, other than combined with a DVD player, and the only VCR I have operated on a regular basis is older than me.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dumbass? Aren't we being a little harsh on newest member?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working at a place that sells electronics (among other things), VCRs are harder 'n hell to find these days from suppliers. Its only once in a while that we can even get anything, and they're very very basic. So basic, in fact, that they don't have a TV tuner in them anymore!

A combination DVD/VCR recorder isn't all that expensive anymore. Not sure if you can record right on to the DVD or not, never investigated that...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Dumbarse? Aren't we being a little harsh/blunt/cursive/frn'ech on the newest member of the Love Boat?

*whistles* Better them than me...

?

I know my brother still used his VCR more than his DVD player back in the day (So many anime tapes on tape...) but isn't a tape only gonna last a few year at best?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Dayum.

Although, there are threads dating back to March 1999 on this board anyways. What were you doing THEN, shik-not-Shik?

Well, lets just say that back in the 20th century, I was still having immense difficulty in multiplication math and writing in cursive.

Come to think of it, I still possess that problem...

Hey, me too. I still remember watching eps of Voyager when they were new though. I used to have to video tape them because they were on past my bedtime. Gosh, do they even make VCR's anymore?
Your bedtime was before 8pm or so? [Confused]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

8 o'clock until the 6th grade. I think Voyager was on at 9pm around me.

--------------------

-George Carlin

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aridas:
Hey guys...

Sorry for the necro-posting here, but this topic was about a bunch of my Starship Recognition Chart ships. I've been going over some of this stuff recently for inclusion at the new Federation Reference Series website, and I'm wondering... has anyone ever come up with launch/commissioning dates for any of these ships?

Timo... are you there?

aridas

So... nobody got a damn thing I need, huh? Not even a Timo's Guide to Every Fan Ship Ever Conceived quote?

Damn necro post for nuthin'. Now I'm going to have to actually make up dates for all those ships... [Mad]

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

aridas
Member # 1051

--------------------

aridas
Member # 1051

--------------------

aridas
Member # 1051

Please delete my several half-assed slips of the keyboard.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aridas:
So... nobody got a damn thing I need, huh? Not even a Timo's Guide to Every Fan Ship Ever Conceived quote?

Damn necro post for nuthin'. Now I'm going to have to actually make up dates for all those ships... [Mad] [/QB]

Well, I have copies of his guide if you want to sift through it & the like....

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do as well. I have a whole shit-ton of Trek fandom reference books in digital form. If there's anything else you need, let me know.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps