Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Misc. TOS stuff (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Misc. TOS stuff
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
basically all we have is a silhouette, i'm trying to find a version that is attractive

just realized, the Nordenskjold probably represents a variant of the Baton Rouge class from other facets of fandom

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of them look like the connie variant from ATTS. The E-A saucer with the two E-A nacelles and the E-A neck. What did we nickname that?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a few passes at the PB-76 before finding a solution I could live with. Since SOTSF says the engine applies advances learned in the Transwarp project (and the silhouette looked two have a distinct break in the middle between fore and aft), I decided to make it a blend of TOS and TMP. The forward part is the TOS section (with the original style engine cap). I made my version flatter, though. In the scale I do my drawings (1:800), the Bussard cap is 2.1 cm high and 2.7 cm wide. The aft section leans more to the TMP style. I don't have access to a scanner, but if someone wants to PM their address to me, I can photocopy my reference drawing and snailmail it.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Woodside Kid:

The idea about Ariadne being a ring ship is interesting though; if you combine it with the flattened Frobisher class design, it might actually seem like a descendant of the S.S. Enterprise.

Actually - I was just looking at that little picture of the chart again and I realised that the first three basically come together to make the Enterprise Ring Ship:

Leonardo, Ariadne, Frobisher = Ring ship?

-

Yeah it looks like a blur - but go back and look at the chart.

Oh and remember WK - if you do get a chance to use a scanner... could maybe scan the chart?? [Smile]

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't the Kirov from Jackill? Book 2, I think... Have to dig it out of storage.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Isn't the Kirov from Jackill? Book 2,

No class called Kirov in Jackill 1 or 2 (don't have 3, damn it). No design that looks anything like the silhouette either.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, other than the recognition chart, there is nothing else known about the Pytheas and Nordenskjold?

A web search of the names comes up with explorers (figures, being the Federation) but nada on starships.

Anyone able to scan and post clearer pics of those 2 ships? Please?

Cheers!

Jim.

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its hanging right next to my bed
 -
 -
the pytheas is based on a jefferies sketch proposed for the original 1701 before the final design was chosen... the nordenskjold seems to be based on the baton rouge class seen in sternbach's spaceflight chronology

for the record, the pytheas in service at the time of the charts publication was NCC-1409.. and the nordenskjolds were NCC-1427 and NCC 1430

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Michael!!!!!!!!!!

Where were you for the rest of this thread!?!?!?!?!?!

Can you perhaps scan the first three in please?

Especially the Ariadne? Is there NO information on this ship?

--------------------

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanking you [Smile]

Hmm, the Pytheas looks a lot like the Ranger from the old LUG Star Trek RPG http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/early.html#ranger

--------------------

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because they're both based on the same Jeffries sketch.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry on January 27, 2003:
Other ships I might do:

- Detroyat
- Coronado
And if I ever get around to do movie-era designs:
- U.S.S. Decatur and the Belknap class.
- Ascension
- And probably refits of FJ's ships.

Since this seems to be The Topic That Won't Die, I might as well ask...

Any chance we'll see more releases, Harry? [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I have to be in the mood for these things. I've started work on refit Connie schematics as a basis for refit kitbashes, but it's a lot more complicated than the simple TOS shapes.
I've already done the Coronado. I guess I could do the Detroyat quite quickly if I feel like it [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
That's because they're both based on the same Jeffries sketch.

Yup, that'd explain it alright [Wink]

--------------------

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I've already done the Coronado. I guess I could do the Detroyat quite quickly if I feel like it [Smile]

Baton Rouge would be a nice one to do. Question is though, would you use the version from Vintage Starships, or the Nordenskjold (inspired by Baton Rouge) version?

Cheers!

Jim.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps