Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » LCARS Font (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LCARS Font
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what font I'm suppose to use to make an authentic looking TNG/DS9/Voy LCARS screen? I'm kinda lost.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best font is Swiss911 (ultracondensed-something?). I don't have it installed here. It's far better than the quite common "TNG Monitor", which looks rather crude with its too sharp edges.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd, do you know where to get it though? I'm trying to add font to this LCARS screen I'm making for myself...

Federation-Klingon Boarder

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/bitstream/swiss-911/ultra-compressed/macintosh-truetype/143222/

Just found it here. I myself have the font because it came with Corel Draw (I think). Maybe there is some place to get it legally and for free?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This person has it here

I got mine with my WordPerfect Suite.

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a printed interview with Okuda in one of the old Starlog Trek magazines, the font he used back in '87 for the TNG monitors was called "Helvetica Ultra Condensed". I haven't been able to track it down yet, but I use Compacta LT, and the only differences are the shapes of some numbers like '5'.

What I'd be interested in getting is the Micrograma Medium Extended that Reverend used on the Shuttle list.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your wish hath been granted. Check your email.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks Aban! I've been searching for that one for years. You 'da MAN!

Sincerely,

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Captain Cabac
Member # 354

- posted      Profile for Captain Cabac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look on my side Neutral Zone by Archiv/Fonts.

--------------------
Thomas Schmid
"Captain Cabac"
Webmaster Neutral Zone
E-Mail: [email protected]
Neutral Zone http://www.NeutralZone.de
Starship Database http://www.NeutralZone.de/database/

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*makes mental note* Captain Cabac == guy from Neutral Zone database.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will think of myself, Keifer Sutherland, and Sir Ian McKellan collectively as "da man".

Kieffer just took a heavy ass-whoopin' on 24 without givin' nuthin' up ... and McKellan just looks darn sweet in those cool, white, wizardy robes.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
*makes mental note* Captain Cabac == guy from Neutral Zone database.

Oh so he's the thieving little bugger!

*makes a note*

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

The Swiss font isn't part of the package. Damn.

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The current one IS or is EXACTLY LIKE light version of te Compacta family.

That font should not be distributed as it is Adobe commertial and to do so would be pirating software.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we never do that. Never.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps