Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 27)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, how big was it again?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I've found the old thumbnail.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's not much in the scripts either. Just that Morn's latinum was transported by a Bolian freighter.
For what it's worth, Mandel's Starcharts lists "Bolarus IX" as being the member world (with "Bole" in brackets, just to add to the confusion).
So it's one of those believe what you want to believe situations.
I suppose the simplest explanation is that "Bolias" is the name of the homeworld and "Bolarus" is the name of the system's star, with "Bole" being the capital city...or visa versa with Bole being the planet and Bolias being the city.

quote:
Was there one for the "Children of Tama"?
The crew appeared to wear an insignia of sorts, but it's a little abstract and it'll take me a while to figure out.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've discovered this nifty feature on modern image-editors where you can change the size to whatever you want. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Wow. What a time to be alive.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truly, we live in a golden age. Thanks for the image, and the thumbnail version! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a logo I recently found. It is of the UFP Member world of the Deltans.

-

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The logo is from Decipher's Star Trek Role Playing Game (the Starfleet Officers Manual), if I'm not mistaken.

There are many (subpar, in my opinion) conjectural banners for many UFP and non-UFP species on those books. You may want to check and adapt them, Rev.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They must be a planrt of sexual supermen. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Bashir:
The logo is from Decipher's Star Trek Role Playing Game (the Starfleet Officers Manual), if I'm not mistaken.

There are many (subpar, in my opinion) conjectural banners for many UFP and non-UFP species on those books. You may want to check and adapt them, Rev.

It is from Decipher's Star Trek Role Playing Game Starfleet Officers Manual although I found it online as an example of the books layout.

--------------------
Odysious

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I have been given a sheet of old fandom logos (don't ask me where it's from, I don't know and don't really care) and I have very mixed feelings about the designs.
I may use some of them, but I have to say that most of them look too human and the Tellarite logo is just downright ridiculous.

UPDATE
By popular request.
 -
Thanks to J�rg Hillebrand for the excellent reference shots!

P.S. Does anyone have any idea what this 'Sigma' logo is supposed to represent?
 -

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a very faint memory of that emblem being something real....

Ah, here it is: http://www.thespacestore.com/namepa.html

It's different, but eerily similar. But actually, that NASA patch didn't even exist at the time the episode was made..

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy shit.. I just read the accompanying text, and the logo was actually designed by Okuda!

Here's the emblem that the NASA patch is partially based on.. http://users.ev1.net/~mscott722/MOD.htm

So you could say that that emblem is for Starfleet's Mission Operations Direcorate.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just as a headsup, this topic is now 400 replies long. I'm probably going to close it in favor of a new topic when it hits 500.)
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I have been given a sheet of old fandom logos (don't ask me where it's from, I don't know and don't really care) and I have very mixed feelings about the designs.
I may use some of them, but I have to say that most of them look too human and the Tellarite logo is just downright ridiculous.

If the Tellarite one is a sort of ying-yang design with the silhouette of a wild boar type creature, then they're from FASA's Star Trek IV Sourcebook Update. And yeah, that one sucks more than most.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend great job on the NX Project logo. It looks awesome. [Wink] Could you show some more reference pics of the NX Prototype because it is good to finally see a good pic of that ship. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps