Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn naggit, just found ANOTHER one.
Those Klingons must really like variety...either that or the different colour schemes each have a specific meaning.

Number seven

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That or, over the centuries, the Klingons have produced at least a handful of graphic designers who like to tinker with things. Unthinkable! perhaps.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then there's the upside down one from the Klingon hell...

And I just thought about this, but in the Mirror Universe, the Klingons seem to be the predominant power lording over the Cardassians in their alliance, but the logo for them is the Cardassian logo with a little Klingon logo at the bottom.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Damn naggit, just found ANOTHER one.
Those Klingons must really like variety...either that or the different colour schemes each have a specific meaning.

Maybe the Klingons like variety in their symbols the way Starfleet likes variety in their starship designs. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember too that in TOS the Klingon symbol used as a ship insignia was rotated 90 degrees clockwise from vertical. When was it first shown vertically?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the Klingons are a bunch of interior decorators at heart? [Smile]

"Mmmmmm I think we could take out that wall and put in some french windows and throw a few furs and skulls here and there - the place would be just delish!"
"Q'Plah!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be like changing the colour of a national flag everyonce in a while.

I think I'll go for the colour code theory, either that or each variation is specific to a certain house or fleet.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's an indication of which is the ruling house in power at the time?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mabye the symbol's orientation designated weither the Klingons are crabheads or mexicans. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are as many different logos featuring the U.S. flag's motifs as there are, uh, a series of numerous things. So, this does not strike me as a problem. We're talking about a star-spanning empire. There's enough room for a little variety.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Here's an improved version of the 2290 UFP seal.

-

This is a TNG era UFP flag.

..and this is my concept for a TOS era UFP seal. (that red flag never really cut it for me)

-

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty sweet TOS logo.... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!

Y'know, it's occurred to me that the Federation changes its symbols pretty damn often, too. Almost as often as Georgia, which says a lot. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Because the UFP is by it's very nature an ever expanding organisation then it stands to reason that it would change it's main seal whenever it reaches a certain milestone in the number of member worlds.
Since the original TOS Flag had those 13 stars then perhaps at that time there were only 13 member worlds in the Federation, either that or 13 was the last milestone and there was actually 23 at the time.
Of course it could just as easily represent the 13 original founding members, or the 13 chapters of the Federation charter.

Anyway, here's another speculative UFP seal, this time it's a possible future logo.

-

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How 'bout a nice Gorn logo for my new ship?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.