Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 32)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definatly looks more like a rank insignia.
Private by the looks of it, although as you say, that blob could mean it's a Lance-Corporal. Or it could be a squad number, or a service logo (mini-maco shark).
I'm betting that the departmental insignia is that stripe above, given that it appears to have all three department colours and the TOS command star.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Problem is we don't know what rank she is. . . While Corporal McKenzie in "Anomaly" also appeared to have at least one stripe.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well there's plenty of time and opportunity to sort that out down the road, once the Xindi arc is completed.
In the mean time, some random extrapolation of those rank insignia.
 -

--------------------

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Work In Progress, part 1:

-

All that is left to do is the ship itelf, and some black outlining. My original PSD working file is actually 3times the resolution this is, but for a WIP preview, this is good enough. I actually have part of the ship done already, but I'm going to finish it tomorrow. This is plenty to be done for this evening. [Smile]

I should have it completely done tomorrow or sunday at the latest.

Oh yeah, I'm a layer fanatic, so that's why the ship-side edge of the trails look weird, the ship will layer over top of the ends, so it'll end up perfectly smooth.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus X, your mission patch is really coming along. I can not wait to see the final product. Keep up the good work. [Wink]
jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I fixed a couple small nits with the "flame trail", so it's a touch cleaner, but let me tell you. This Phoenix is a BITCH... Line art at arbitrary viewing angles is not quick work. [Smile]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Tell me about it. I've been avoiding this one like the plague.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the DS9 baseball logo...

What as that again - a baseball with the station incorporated in the 'seams' of the ball?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, the upper and lower pylon of the station in silhouette were the baseball seam on one side. Very clever logo!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

jX
Member # 1201

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Tell me about it. I've been avoiding this one like the plague.

I'm done with the outlines for the nacelles and the body, need to line in the crew pod, then color it and I'm done with this one. Never again shall I attempt this from crappy sketches. [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crappy sketches are harder than blurry screen captures from rumpled uniforms!?! I thought that THAT was impressive.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are a brave man, Jesus. I wonder if anyone's ever done a 3-D mesh of Phoenix. That would make your job a lot easier.

What font are you using for the text? The original used Microgramma Bold Extended, but you seem to be using a font that's been horizontally stretched.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Crappy sketches are harder than blurry screen captures from rumpled uniforms!?! I thought that THAT was impressive.

I completely agree. Jesus X, you are doing a fine job with those sketches. The screen captures are much harder, try designing a starship with a screen capture and have it look like the onscreen model. That is a challenge. [Wink] You are doing fine. [Wink]
Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, looking great so far, can't wait to see the finished version.

--------------------
Odysious

jX
Member # 1201

AndrewR :
quote:
Well, with this sketch, the lines aren't clean, nor really well aligned. so I'm kinda extracting the necessary detail and ignoring some mistakes, but there's still a sketch feel to it, as I'm not adhereing specifically to a perfect lineart rendering.

Masao:
quote:
You are a brave man, Jesus. I wonder if anyone's ever done a 3-D mesh of Phoenix. That would make your job a lot easier.
I looked. [Smile]

quote:
What font are you using for the text? The original used Microgramma Bold Extended, but you seem to be using a font that's been horizontally stretched.

I'm using the fan-made "Jefferies" font. But when you pull text around a path, there's some distortion. And on a curve this tight, it gets worse. I need to quite procrastinating and upgrade from Photoshop 6 to Photoshop CS, which has a better text engine with text-on-a-path capabilites...

Ok, preview number 2, with the half done Phoenix, but uncolored. That'll come after the cabin pod, and will really help the look.

-

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.