Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class - Phase II (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Constitution Class - Phase II
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kewel. Thanks for asking the question and posting the answer, MrNeutron. Appreciate it, even if it doesn't really give us anything.

I haven't seen the "Starship Exeter" mini-movies/episodes/whatever. I've heard about them, but had problems viewing them way back when I got the link. Haven't tried to view them for some time. Have a link for their stuff? Background info on their previous work(s)?

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:
Kewel. Thanks for asking the question and posting the answer, MrNeutron. Appreciate it, even if it doesn't really give us anything.

No problem. I've been talking to Andy a lot lately and we're discussing my doing a REALLY extensive interview with him where we'll get into a lot of stuff he never gets asked about. If that happens, I'll solicit possible questions here.

quote:
I haven't seen the "Starship Exeter" mini-movies/episodes/whatever. I've heard about them, but had problems viewing them way back when I got the link. Haven't tried to view them for some time. Have a link for their stuff? Background info on their previous work(s)?
I watched the Exeter film and it's...well, a fan film. It's impressive how much work they put into it, but it's too bad the script is so weak (and let's not get into the acting). They have new scripts on their Exeter Studios Website, and the one I read part of was not good (too much pointless bickering masquerading as characterization).

Back on topic, I captured some images from a video I have where the Phase II model appears, but I'm still sorting through the images to see if I can determine which are the Brick Price Phase II model and which are of the TMP ship under construction.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To comment on the Exter movie, the sets are amazing, costumes are very good, SFX are ok, acting is average, and script is awful [Smile]

To comment on Constitution... briliant. Simply briliant [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, someone over on TrekBBS claims to have seen "a 20 second clips from a fan site a long time ago". Doesn't really help us though - no link to or name of the website, and no idea if it was from the finished film.

"I hate mysteries. They give me a belly-ache, and I've got a beauty."
Captain Kirk in The Man Trap

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
To comment on the Exter movie, the sets are amazing, costumes are very good, SFX are ok, acting is average, and script is awful [Smile]

The sets would be amazing if the bridge wasn't a cheap model chromakeyed behind the actors. The costumes are very good. The SFX are weak...the movement is choppy and the lighting choices are bad. The acting is is average for local theater. The script is putrid.

Part of the problem is that the guys writing the scripts don't have a grasp on story construction, dramatic arcs, or even basic plotting. Their script for "The Mighty Galvanaut" is worse than the episode already made. In short, a lot happens, but nothing happens. In other words, there are a lot of scenes, but there's no point, and the scenes don't build up to anything. Worse, the characters bicker and tease like high school students, and this is all that passes for characterization.

What I think is funny is they plan to do a "series" about this Galvanaut character...so they're going to use their 2nd or 3rd Exeter film to make a "pilot"! haha

Don't get me wrong: I admire their enthusiasm and StickToIt-iveness, but they really need better scripts.

Actually, I was toying with offering them my services on a script, just for giggles. (I wrote several spec TNG scripts and submitted them in 1989-90...didn't sell any of them, but one of them is amongst the best things I've ever written...but I submitted it to TNG right at the time they produced "Sins of the Father", and my story was a Klingon episode that took a different tack...ah well!)

quote:
To comment on Constitution... briliant. Simply briliant [Smile]
And just what is this "Constituion" you say is brilliant?

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what "Constituion" is [Wink] but I meant to say that I like Masaki's work. [Smile]
Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of the adventures of the starship Exeter, there is another TOS-venture in the realm of indie (or fan) flix.

Check out the "New Voyages" of the starship Enterprise at:

Star Trek: New Voyages

The folks of Starship Exeter did some test footage on the bridge built for this new TOS adventure.

Some of the Phase II costume designs are also being used for this project. Alas, they aren't using the Phase II ship design.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:
Speaking of the adventures of the starship Exeter, there is another TOS-venture in the realm of indie (or fan) flix.

The folks of Starship Exeter did some test footage on the bridge built for this new TOS adventure.

Some of the Phase II costume designs are also being used for this project. Alas, they aren't using the Phase II ship design.

These guys have to be REALLY careful, because even if it's technically "non-profit" they're getting into Trademark violation issues just by using the name Star Trek, and Trademarked character names, etc. That's why many unauthorized books about Star Trek can't bear the Star Trek name. I think both these groups are bound to get a rude Cease & Desist from Paramount. The "New Voyages" group in particular.

--------------------

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:

These guys have to be REALLY careful, because even if it's technically "non-profit" they're getting into Trademark violation issues just by using the name Star Trek, and Trademarked character names, etc. That's why many unauthorized books about Star Trek can't bear the Star Trek name. I think both these groups are bound to get a rude Cease & Desist from Paramount. The "New Voyages" group in particular.
No doubt, Neutron, they are all threading thin ice. Also, they plan on adapting some of the novels, which gets into even sticker rights issues.

It would be more logical, especially if they want to do their version of Trek, that they relay more on original work based upon the Trek characters and universe.

M.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps