Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Apollo class model finished! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Apollo class model finished!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I based it off that Peagsus concept sketch that was auctioned off on ebay a few weeks back.
I also used some elements from the ADSB Apollo design (hence the class name).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1227830&uid=657989&members=1

The model itself is a highly modified Ambassador class that has a lengthened secondary hull and new saucer details with new phaser placments.

What do you guys think?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job Jason. It never ceases to amaze me what you can do to your models. I like the inclusion of the sketch to see what you basically had to start with. Keep up the good work! [Smile]

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As always, kewel job, Jason. Amazes me just how nice you can make those lil' 1/2500 scale ships look, dude.

Your version of the Apollo Reminds me of my U.S.S. Truman model, which was meant to be the predecessor to the Nebula design more so than the Miranda.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that supposed to be the Heimdall?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's spelled that way on my model, but my crappy typing skills are making me look sily: gotta correct the post.
Happens: I have'nt slept in a while.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice model Jason! That's a cool design...if only we could've seen the real thing on screen!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah, but never would have worked as the Pegasus without major script tweaking: that'd be TONS of people participating in a illeagal act instead of twenty or thirty.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All they needed to do was enlarge the bridge and the windows. Instant resizing!

Nice work, Jason.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they ever state the crew size of the Pegasus? I thought it was more a case of a handful of people who were AGAINST the mutiny, including Riker and Pressman.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Never stated, no, but a couple of guys on a ship as large as the Apollo class would not get very far. Nor would it be possible to perform such illeagal experiments for long without someone sneaking a communication back to Starfleet.
The story just works better with a very small ship.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You guys got any TNG/DS9 era ships you'd like to see made?
Original designs welcomed.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stoopid double post...

[ June 05, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Akira and Steamrunner-esque starships from other eras. TOS/Connie, Movie-era, Ambassorized... [Smile]

Mark <--- That'll show 'em!

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Micromaniac
Member # 546

- posted      Profile for Micromaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did you move the pylons and nacelles back from the center of the saucer as shown in the drawing?

More First Contact concept ships - Zandura, Goodson , 1st Steamrunner concept , The Endaveor concept - I heard there were 16 designs altogether but only 4 made it to the movie plus the ones that at least a sketch exists.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It looked odd with the nacelles making a backward "Z" against the angle of the pylons and I'd already decided to lengthen the secondary hull as a challenge to myself and to make it more of a unique class and not just a re-arrangment of available parts.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps