Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Jupiter Outpost 92 - Incoming Telemetry (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jupiter Outpost 92 - Incoming Telemetry
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a follow-up to my "Project: Wildfire" piece. I'm thinking about making a series of these, as a sort of fan-made substitute for the aborted "Unseen Frontiers" book.

LCARS ACCESS

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, looks great... I'm wondering why the Mars Defense Perimeter seems a bit close. Anyway, looks good.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very cool. Sorta looks like those projection of the Whale Probe on the wall of SFC in STIV:TVH.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks cool, how do the ETA's figure on this...especially for the "Grey Wolf"...it has the same ETA as ships many sectors away....(?)

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subspace warp highway? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the Wildfire message, Grey Wolf is still stuck in dock.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what would be cool? Listing the Defiant at UP. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would'nt the Defiant project have been started as a response to Wolf 359?

What class is the USS Grey Wolf?

It'd really lookin' great so far!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall it being mentioned about the start of the Defiant project, tho Sisko doesn't do any work on it 'til after Wolf 359. It's entirely possible that Defiant is one of the weapons programs that Shelby mentioned at the beginning of BoBW that are still several months from completion. Remember, they had something like two years advanced notice, thanks to "Q Who". Of course, that was something of a two-edged sword....

EDIT: Very kewel, Kris! I've been saving this for some not-yet-known reason. I just feel driven to save these. Keep 'em comin', please! [Smile]

[ June 10, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Griffworks ]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

According to the DS9 Tech Manual, the Defiant Project was initiated some time in 2366 (up to 12 months before BoBW), even if at the time of the incursion the design was past the pathfinder stage (which I doubt) the ship would only have existed as an unfinished space frame.
Even then it wouldn't even at Utopia Planitia at that point, it would be at the Antares Yards, in the Bajor Sector.

Either way, a partially constructed keel isn't exactly what I'd call reinforcements. [Wink]

quote:
What class is the USS Grey Wolf?
Don't know, I made it up.
From the registry I suppose it could be another second generation Miranda, a Hokule's, a Wambundu, an Ambassador, a Niagara or some other class that we've never seen or heard about.

Given that it was supposed to have the same weapon system as the Saratoga installed then another rollbar-less Miranda would be a safe bet.
Having said that I can easily see those booms being attached to the ASDB's Wambundu and Hokule'a designs.

--------------------

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey just a thought but I think it would be cool to do a few shots before this one and a few after to see enterprise come into the picture. Eh? I dunno. Great job Reverend.

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Given that it was supposed to have the same weapon system as the Saratoga
Weapon system?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

UPDATE

Made the map a little more interesting, it now looks a little bit more populated than it did.

Jupiter_92

quote:
Weapon system?
See the wildfire thread.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, much prettier. I'm waiting to hear your explanation of the USS Endeavour. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Ooh, much prettier. I'm waiting to hear your explanation of the USS Endeavour. [Smile]

Mark

It survived Wolf 359, dropped off the survivors and escape pods at Proxima and made a beeline for Sol. Nuff said.
Although I forgot to change it's location to Sector 002.
Oh well, next update.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps