Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My recent project... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My recent project...
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double post: I mistook the "quote" command for the "edit" command!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Triple post!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
I don't have Masaki's font, but I do have the Mac Truetype version of Freestyle ( http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.asp?pid=203829 ) which came with CorelDraw.

But, I suspect the script on shuttle Galileo was handpainted by some sign painter rather than being a commercial font. It looks rather simpler and noninform (screencap of side of shuttle from "The Galileo 7").
 -
Of course, if shuttle names were handpainted, I wouldn't worry too much about matching the font exactly anyway!

Yeah, 'Freestyle' is what I've been using too, it works well enough I suppose but it would be nice to have something closer to the original.
Perhaps this can be a challenge to our Font makers?
I know there are a few of them on this board. What say you chaps, think you can reproduce the old Galileo/Copernicus typeface?

As for 'Swing' I suspect that this (or something similar) is the font that was used on the Delta Flyer so it'd be nice to have it in that respect.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "a" is too small. Somebody didn't check their x-height...

(I hated my typography class....)

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Jackill's did a couple of variants, more or less based on the two Probert originals - here is their take on the light starship auxiliary:
Chisu. A couple of those would certainly fit aboard a refitted Constitution, but the bigger courier craft (or any 13.8 m long variant) would have trouble with the elevators. OTOH, any craft smaller than 13.8 m would be unlikely to seat 2+6 (height-wise if the shape is constant, that is).

Timo Saloniemi

13.8m, it is too large and an elevator is not fitted so that you may say. I made the size of the shuttle smaller.

Shuttle HALLEY (English version - Only Flare)

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IN-SANE.

You, sir, ROCK.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masaki, you are totally awesome on your work. Are you going to make more profiles in English because that shuttle Halley is totally awesome. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Keep up the great work!!

Cheers,

Sarvek

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work on the shuttle. Look forward to the plans for the VIP lounge, which is what we should've seen as the Obs. lounge in Trek V.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masaki,

That's fantastic work. I've never thought of this possibility, but it would be a great idea to present PDF supplements to the Fact Files (only that there might be a problem with the publishers even if they are named Fake Files).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps