Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Romulan Warhawk model (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Romulan Warhawk model
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted my pics of the 2500th Romulan cruiser (that I call) The Warhawk!

It's one of ravenstar's newest offerings and I just built her up with lots of windows and weathering. :wink:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1227830&uid=657989

I have to say, this is one of my favorite non-canon ships for aliens and building Romulan ships in subtle shades of green is always fun.
She's got a great base too.

Your thoughts?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very pretty, nice design all round. The wing and engines are reminiscent of the old D-7, and the 'cheek' bulges are maybe a bit prominent for my liking, but still a very interesting and sleek design. I like it.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the Romulan light cruiser from BOTF... I dig it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOTF?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bird of the 'fuck' ?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are those windows just white paint? or did you photoshop them a little?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I made windows with dark green background on Ilustrator, printed them on white label paper and then carefully painted around the windows with the darker green hull color.

The old "toothpick" dab to make windows really does not work well for rows but some of the single windows on the neck and aft are done that way.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very cool looking ship!!

I like it better than the frelling Valdore.

It does have a bit of a Ferengi D'Kora class look about it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty. In that dark, Romulan, we'll torture you for the fun of it kind of way.

I agree that the cheeks are a bit puffy, but other than that it's a great design.

Toothpick!? Hah! I use a brush for my windows, my man. A superfine little brush. That's the manly way to do it.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ravenstar Studios
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for Ravenstar Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wide cheeks were design so the disruptors would have a better arc . I gave the forward hull
a Flater , more bird like look to distance it from the D'Derdix class Warbird.
Jason I really like what you did with the model and from now on I'm going to finish off my models with the same style of windows, Photoshop is a nice tool.
chris

--------------------
Chris Lynch
www.Ravenstarstudios.com

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh! Nice buildup, Jason.

Looks like a clean casting, Chris. Might have to put that on my list of possible purchases, tho I still have to get your K'T'Inga, D-18, etc....

One day, I might even have the money to place that order! [Big Grin]

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
It does have a bit of a Ferengi D'Kora class look about it.

I was thinking the same thing. It's also similar to the Romulan Scout. Anyway, it's a very nice design and model, Jason. I like it a lot.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Romulan Interceptor anyone?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kinda looks like how I imagined the Tomed flagship in David R. George III's Serpeant Among the Runis to be.

M.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah, I'm reading that book at the moment and I've got the same thought in my head.

It's a hell of a lot larger than the Enterprise B though: It's as wide as a Galaxy's saucer! [Eek!]

Mabye it's just the first of many Romulan ships that dwarf their Federation counterparts. [Wink]

On a related note, the USS Universe is described suprisingly like the two nacelled Excelsior study model.

[ September 13, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps