Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS-era Tactical Corps Shuttle (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TOS-era Tactical Corps Shuttle
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
OK, I made a missile that doesn't quite make me gag the same way the original did. This one has panels that will open even if the fins are attached, and I've made a little image map with warnings and numbers and stuff for variety. If you want the original Photoshop pic of this with the guide pic in place then let me know Rev, you might want markings and stuff that i can't draw.

Missile reference shot 1
Missile reference shot 2

You beat me too it, I was just about to suggest this modification.
 -
Instead of lame, old fashioned fins I thought little RCS thruster packs might look better.

What you've done so far looks good.
Shoot the map over to me and I'll add in the warning strips and the serial number.
I'm not sure about the command star though, but I suppose it's worth a shot to see what it looks like.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much better, a bit fancy for TOS or TAS period right enough, but I'll make the necessary mods. In the meantime here's an update on the ship modifications...

Indigo/Gemini modifications WIP

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha... [Eek!] this new turret just ROCKS! [Big Grin]

Veery nice [Smile]

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, awesome work on the Tactical Shuttle. [Big Grin] I am glad to see you are back in business. I missed seeing some of your work. It is always well thought out and makes sense. Once again, I am glad that you are back.

Cheers,

Sarvek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is indeed good to have the good Reverend back on the force. If only I weren't still haunted by the delightfully euphoric feeling I got when I saw this so many months ago...*sigh*

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, after looking at Kenny's render I'm wondering if the nose on this boat is a bit long.

The new missile and turret look great.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, the nose was made in the same way as the rest of the ship, I cut Revs plans into individual front, side and rear shots and place them in the appropriate windows in Lightwave. I then basically 'trace' round the drawings to make the basic shapes, and that ensures the model is pretty accurate to the plans. The nose is the size Rev drew it.

As for the updated model Rev has sent me a new set of decals and I've fitted them to the nacelles and side pods, with just the stripes and stuff to be fitted tonight. I've still to maodel the new doors and step, but that wont take long at all. Once it's all done I'll do a render or two and then slap the 2 versions into a zip file for download at my site.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE
SC3-H10_schematic2.gif

A few new alterations; The new weaponry has been installed, some new markings have been put on the aft surface.
I've also put in two rows of plasma flare launchers (behind the cannons), two sets of countermeasure launchers (ventral aft) and split the door in two so it can retract with out colliding the the deuterium tanks.
Also note that the port side crew access door has been removed, this is to make some room inside for the gunner's console.

quote:
Yes, it is indeed good to have the good Reverend back on the force. If only I weren't still haunted by the delightfully euphoric feeling I got when I saw this so many months ago...*sigh*
Don't get your knickers in a twist, it's on my to-do list.

quote:
You know, after looking at Kenny's render I'm wondering if the nose on this boat is a bit long.
Funny you should say that, I did actually make an error during the initial modifications. Somehow I managed to move the nose forwards a bit without noticing, it's since been corrected though.
Assuming Kenny has left this part of the mesh untouched since it's 'Indigo' incarnation then what you're seeing is probably just a trick of perspective.

--------------------

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

Nothing has been touched on the nose of the model, I just cut the ship in the middle, moved the nose section forward and put in the new mid section. It should be fine, assuming the original drawing i worked from was fine. I actually like this size of ship better, it's kind of grown into it's nacelles now, it doesn't look like it's about to topple over backwards due to the weight of it's engines. I'd seriously think about ditching the remaining crew door as well, looks out of place next to those 2 big hatches.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I agree, which is why I made the model number SC3-H10', so that this is the baseline for the 'H-Series' while the Carter Wilson version was the civilian model 'SC3-H12'.
Presumably the 'H-11' would be the cargo carrier, maybe I'll design that version sometime down the road.

I think for safety reason it's best to keep at least one door in the forward section, which is how most modern day transport helicopters (like the Blackhawks) seam to be arranged.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I suppose while I'm at it I might as well update the old schematic to match the style of the new one.
SC3-H12_schematic.gif

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Don't get your knickers in a twist, it's on my to-do list.

Oh goodie! *jumps up and down*
I am so relieved that you haven't forgotten about the old girl...

quote:
Carter Wilson

Winston, actually. [Wink]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, what is on your to do list??

Are you planning on working on the Constitution Project?

Cheers,

Sarvek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Rev was always the one working on that project I proposed, and doing a fantastic job of it, too.

BTW Rev, I can't remember if I ever sent you this link, but I know he's now updated the page with all the prints, which may be more accurate than Alan Sinclair's.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny, I'm sure your model is accurate, based on Rev's schematic. I was just thinking that the nose of his ship looked a bit long. Just my opinion.

I concur with MMoM's suggestion of the Casimiro schematics. They're easier to work with the Alan Sinclair's, but I can't say which is more accurate. I based my schematics for the Museum on Casimiro's.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps