Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Type-17 Shuttlepod (based on a Sternbach design) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Type-17 Shuttlepod (based on a Sternbach design)
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Tis done, the revamped Type-17 in all it's compact glory.

Rear 3/4 view of Type 17 shuttle
Front 3/4 view of Type 17 shuttle
Side view of Type 17 shuttle
Front view of Type 17 shuttle
Rear view of Type 17 shuttle
Top view of Type 17 shuttle
Type 17 shuttle in shuttlebay-2

For those interested, I'll stick the model up for download on my site sometime this week when I do my update. The decals and markings were made by Reverend, and there'll probably be a couple of spare sets to show different ships and organisations by that time, he likes to give people choices.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, it's finally done...until I design the interior that is. [Wink]

Excellent work as always of course!
But now come the inevitable note *dramatic chord*.
First off I think you've made the engines a little too visible. I think the effect I'm after is similar to the light sources you had on the IAV-106's impulse drive, but with the 'spots' merging into a stripe and just with the barest hint of an underlying mechanism, so try increasing the opacity to about 80 or 90%.
Also the smaller 'nozzles' at the top should be ignited too.
Now that I look at it, just how much of the engine block did you model? I can't make out anything except the nozzles and they were supposed to be buried inside

Secondly the manual door handles; is it my imagination or have you mapped those on there?

Thirdly that round shape on the aft door should be a very low dome instead of just a raised circle.

Finally, with the blue vents at the back it looks like you've either mapped it on or it's lacking the little half covers thingies.
Ok, that's not very clear...think those metal air vent covers you get in buildings, that direct the airflow down instead of straight ahead.

I was actually going to post this criticism at TrekBBS, but somehow this board feels more...comfortable. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done any design variants, modifications, of the shuttle?
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've made the original version minus the warp drive systems, so it really is just a shuttlepod in this version.

Type-17 shuttlepod front 3/4 view
Type-17 shuttlepod rear 3/4 view

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any profile views showing the changes made to the existing shuttlecraft?
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the most significant difference I can see is that the warp nacelles no longer have a grill.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they are no longer warp nacelles, then what would they be? Deuterium tanks for the impulse engines? Or just a step for getting in and out of the shuttle?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lack of a warp grill is the only change made to the mesh and yes, I imagine the nacelles would become deuterium tanks.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps