Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » DS9 TM kitbash

Author Topic: DS9 TM kitbash
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a bit of idle sketching at the moment, if it pans out then I may do it up as a proper schematic.
Basically it's a shot at trying to justify such a horrendous design by making it a container tug.
The third nacelle could be used to extend the warp field to accommodate longer trains or to reinforce it for high density cargos.

Trident/Medusa/Excelsior Variant

Suggestions?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best use for the ship I've seen yet. Props, Rev.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as this is a refit of DS9 kitbash, you could consider losing lower "bridge" and placing a proper sensor array in its place [Smile]

Also, the lower nacelle is dangerously close to the cantainers... Is the front container even going to fit between those two Connie pylons?

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
As long as this is a refit of DS9 kitbash, you could consider losing lower "bridge" and placing a proper sensor array in its place [Smile]

I replaced the "lower bridge' with a Connie Refit planetary sensor when I built my model of the Meduda class.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1301771&uid=657989
...of course, I also gave her two saucer shuttlebays. Those are Impulse engines back there, y'know!

Nice start Rev!
I may have to build some of those containers....

Any minute Stephen will be here to tell us the third nacelle is supposed to be on to: It's something we've learned to "agree to disagree" on. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitaminute! The third nacelle is supposed to be on top.....oh, how'd you know I'd say that Jason?? [Smile]

The only thing that will convince me of a lower single nacelle is a screen cap from the show depictiing it that way. To me evidence suggests the DS9:TM orientation is correct.

Scorpio Class

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the model is masterfully built, I cant, in all good consience, condone that color scheme. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As long as this is a refit of DS9 kitbash, you could consider losing lower "bridge" and placing a proper sensor array in its place
Already done and just to clarify, I'm trying to keep this 'refit' as close to the original model as possible, with only a few minor alterations.
The main thing is the addition of the containers to more clearly define the purpose of this design.

quote:
Also, the lower nacelle is dangerously close to the cantainers... Is the front container even going to fit between those two Connie pylons?
I'll make it fit, if not I'll just move the container back a few meters. It's still early days yet.

quote:
Nice start Rev!
I may have to build some of those containers....

You keep saying that, but I've yet to see a single one of my designs in plastic. How you tease me. [Wink]

quote:
The only thing that will convince me of a lower single nacelle is a screen cap from the show depictiing it that way. To me evidence suggests the DS9:TM orientation is correct.
I chose this orientation for two reasons.

1. That's the way Bernd's article seams to indicate.

2. With the addition of the containers, this way up looks more balanced. Especially since I decided that the container braces are to be ships in their own right.
Also having the impulse/shuttle structures (I haven't decided which they're going to be yet) under slung just looks wrong to my eye.

-

UPDATE

-

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoundEffect:
Waitaminute! The third nacelle is supposed to be on top.....

But it looks better with two nacelles on top. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What software do you use to make these?

Marian

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, that is making the ship look good!

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps