Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Continuation of http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/7/1126.html?
jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good timing. I just finished this:

http://mods.mozillanews.org/trek/phoenix-patch.jpg
About 225 kB, 728x744 pixels.

My original is twice that res, and it's a multilayer PSD so if you want special backs or just the image with transparency instead of backgrounds, lemme know all. Sorry to beat you to it Rev. [Wink]

And the original repaired scan someone posted in the other thread, for reference:
http://mods.mozillanews.org/trek/phoenix-repaired.jpg

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Masao pointed out, the font (or at least the spacing) is wrong on the lettering but otherwise it looks quite nice. I think the nacelle bussards might benefit from a slightly darker or more "rich" red color. Same for the water on the Earth. (Now that I look closer I see you didn't really duplicate the cloud pattern either.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the coud pattern I didn't bother to replicate exactly. The resolution was so low (compared to the size I was working in) that it was near impossible to actually duplicate it, so I took a satellite photo of clouds over ocean, and adjusted the perspective. I do see now the coloration of the water is too light. Looks like the entire portion is too light, actually, separate from the ship itself. I'll have to adjust it.

I'll tweak the Bussard collectors, and see what adjustments I can do the the text. I've got Photoshop 8 now (yay client project expenses!) which has a better text engine... [Smile]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two nits:
1. The cloud cover doesn't fit with the vector art of the rest of the patch. I think you should posterize the heck out of it and beat everything into either blue or white.
2. The ribbing and the shape of the ring just back of the nose looks a bit off. The shape doesn't seem to a proper section of a cone while the ribs don't seem to extend correctly from the tip of the nose. These kinds of things are very hard to draw, which is why I didn't do this patch!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

jX
Member # 1201

I've darkened the water and Bussard domes, and made the clouds more vectorish, although frankly, I liked it the other way. [Smile]

The text I'm still thinking about...

For folks who don't like to read old messages:
http://mods.mozillanews.org/trek/phoenix-patch.jpg

PS: About the nosecone, I kow it doesn't look quite conical. I tried to keep to the feeling of a patch/logo than a realistic rendering, more stylized.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome work on the Phoenix Patch Jesus X. You did a great job. [Wink] Keep up the great work. I am truly impressed. [Wink]
jX
Member # 1201

Ok, I made an index.html for that directory so I don't have to paste individual URLs anymore in IRC. Stuff that I do that's posted here will be there too. [Smile]

http://mods.mozillanews.org/trek/

And soon, there'll be second URL, as soon as the DNS changes propagate...

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus, I would go with higher contrast on the clouds and oceans: just white and blue. Also, some white along the edge of the earth to separate it more from the black space.

Here's something that would make a nice patch for Capella. This is an original prop from Friday's Child sold on eBay:
 -

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the Capellan toilet seat.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Capellan - maybe Bolian [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another variant of the Klingon logo:
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/322/klingons3.jpg

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I did that one already.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no one did this logo:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/44/k29.jpg

Looks like the model is on the motion control rig too...

What is this logo?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like some Kzinti got their hands on that BoP [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps