Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 18)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
I kind of like these. I can't decide which I like more, maybe the NX-02 one.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the NX-01 got the shaft when it comes to logo coolness factor.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the other designs, while nice, all have too many protrusions to make good shoulder patches.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, except for the NX-03 one. I could see that as being easily made into a patch.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't Challenger come before Discovery?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. As a matter of fact, if you wanted to be reeeeeally technical about it, it *could* have come before Columbia as well. But the most sensical scheme would be:

NX-01 Enterprise
NX-02 Columbia
NX-03 Challenger
NX-04 Discovery
NX-05 Atlantis
NX-06 Endeavour

You might throw a Buran and Pathfinder in there just for kicks, as well.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which brings up a question (for me, anyway) - Is Buran the name of one specific spacecraft, or would it have been the name of their entire line of shuttles, just like Soyuz is the name of the current spacecraft line?

B.J.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buran was the name of the first orbiter. The second was to be called Ptichka, and the third was cancelled before getting a name.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If named after shuttles, Phoenix should also be a name, not named after Cochrane's warp vessel but EADS Phoenix

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Buran was the name of the first orbiter. The second was to be called Ptichka, and the third was cancelled before getting a name.

Buran translates to Snowflake doesn't it? I've never heard of Ptichka! cool - what does that translate to?

Was there a SUGGESTION for the third Soviet Space Shuttle?

And Enterprise -> Columbia -> Challenger (Space Shuttle Launch Order?) what was next Discovery -> Atlantis -> Endeavor? And was it Endeavor or Endeavour?

In that thread about patches at that TrekBBS board they said that OV-101 was Enterprise, OV-102 was Columbia but Challenger was something-99 - what's up with that was it built before Enterprise?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Oh to hell with it....

I did this just to shut him up. And I did it in POWERPOINT.
 -

B.J.

Shut Me UP!?! Now I won't complement you on your nice picture. D'oh.

Nice, but could be better. Rev would have done a nice one.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I belive Buran translates to Showstorm, but I could be wrong.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Showstorm"?!?
Sounds like a COBRA operative. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
And Enterprise -> Columbia -> Challenger (Space Shuttle Launch Order?) what was next Discovery -> Atlantis -> Endeavor? And was it Endeavor or Endeavour?

In that thread about patches at that TrekBBS board they said that OV-101 was Enterprise, OV-102 was Columbia but Challenger was something-99 - what's up with that was it built before Enterprise?

Challenger was originally a structural test article (STA-099) and was later converted into an orbiter. (OV-99) Despite the lower number, it wasn't built before Enterprise, though. The orbiters as launched were as follows:

OV-101 Enterprise*
OV-102 Columbia
OV-99 Challenger
OV-103 Discovery
OV-104 Atlantis
OV-105 Endeavour**

*Enterprise never actually flew in space, but was used for flight tests in the upper atmosphere.

**Endeavour (yes that is the correct spelling, it was named for James Cook's ship) was built to replace Challenger after it was destroyed.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buran = "Blizzard";
Ptichka = "Little Bird";
Endeavour = "Endeavour";

Batch_Two_Buran_Orbiters = ["2.01, name_less, not_completed"; "2.02, name_less, not_completed"; "2.03, name_less, not_completed"];

Shuttle_Rollout_Order = ["Enterprise, OV-101, proto_type"; "Columbia, OV-102"; "Challenger, OV-099, converted_test_vehicle"; "Discovery, OV-103"; "Atlantis, OV-104"; "Endeavour, OV-105"];

Me = ["tired, slow"];

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps