Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT:Intrepid insane detail WIP (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ENT:Intrepid insane detail WIP
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've decided I'm going to do a much higher level of detail version of the Intrepid on "Enterprise".

Here is where I am so far. I'm starting with the warp field stabilizer, and have gotten to the point where I have to decide between the straight aft edge (left) and the slightly curved outward aft edge (right).

Tell me what you think so far. Be brutal.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/wip5.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Straight
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, well it's hard to tell based on just a small part. The color scheme looks like it might be a little dark, but otherwise it looks like it'll be pretty good.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does it really matter that much?
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are a couple screencaps that strongly suggest a curved aft line, which is why I'm asking.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just think it would be better if you chose which you think looked best, thats all...
Irishman
Member # 1188

I do know which I think looked best, I'm asking for input from fellow artists.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Compromise: make it triangular.
jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's straight. Screencaps are subject to distortion based on viewing angle,quality, etc. The model created obviously takes many peoces directly (or with little modification) from the NX-01, and it is straight.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And becauce there may be a little modification, it may be curved.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I don't think he was asking which way the real model looks. Obviously, we're not going to figure that out from blurry screencaps. I think he just wanted to know which version looked better.
jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, if you make it curved you throw off the warp field geometry. This is pre-TOS, they don't have variable warp field geometries yet. If you were to curve that, you'd wind up dragging a huge volume of extra subspace ripples with you, creating huge subspace vortices slowing down the ship. It's straight.

[Smile]

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Y'know, I don't think he was asking which way the real model looks. Obviously, we're not going to figure that out from blurry screencaps. I think he just wanted to know which version looked better.

Oh? I thought he WAS asking which was more accurate...
Irishman
Member # 1188

I am trying to be more accurate to what we see onscreen.

Here's the latest on the Warp Field Stabilizer.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/WIP6.jpg

I'm moving on to the connecting dorsal next.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

Anyway, here's the latest, moving up to the dorsal and along the raised centerline including the bridge.

Tell me what you think.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/WIP7.jpg

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps