Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT:Intrepid insane detail WIP (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ENT:Intrepid insane detail WIP
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very, very good. I love the bridge detail. I guess I thought the spine was longer, but I don't have a photo handy to compare, so I'm probably wrong.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thinks about bridge designs*

Got anything in particular in mind? Looks like there's no Ready Room off to starboard...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see a bridge design with a ready room towards the front of the bridge, like my Aegian bridge design.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks awesome but the black outline is crooked in two places and the forward-most "bar" isn't centered.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The black outline will not be the final black outline, and will be attached to something else, so fear not.

Also, the forward-most bar is a placeholder for now. I just wanted to put something there to terminate the lines so you'd know I intended to stop it there.

As far as a ready-room, well, the screencaps don't indicate one, so I didn't include it. If we find out later that it does have one, it'll be simple enough to add it later.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the latest. I know the shading is very dark, but I'm going to change that further down the road.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/WIP8.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The deflector needs a bit of work, but I'm going to assume you already planned do do more there. Regardless, it's still looking very nice indeed! [Cool]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Irishman
Member # 1188

Yeah, keep in mind that most of what I'm doing now is creating and assembling the major structures.

The real detailing will come after all of that is in place.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Wicked cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
Yeah, keep in mind that most of what I'm doing now is creating and assembling the major structures.

The real detailing will come after all of that is in place.

Now, that's interesting. When I do a schematic like these I do the lines, then details, section by section, rather than the whole thing then detail it, then finally color. Interesting contrast of approaches. [Smile]
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would create some sort of paneling texture overlay for the hull. It looks a bit bland, otherwise, i think its turning out well.
Irishman
Member # 1188

Hi guys,

I've decided to put the saucer aside for a while and concentrate on the nacelles next.

Here's my preliminary effort.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/nacelle1.jpg

Thoughts?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

With all the detail on the front and back caps, you're gonna need more in the middle.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Irishman
Member # 1188

Oh, I know. As I said, it's just prelim to get the scaling and basic look right. This is a top view, FYI, so we won't be seeing the blue of the glowing warp coils from this view. I'm trying to focus on all the parts that make the Intrepid nacelle unique (i.e. length, end cap, cylindrical non-tapering length) and move on to running lights, pipes, and hull markings.

How's it looking so far?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.