Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet Medical - U.S.S. Asclepius (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starfleet Medical - U.S.S. Asclepius
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. I am done. After 20 minutes of trying to place more lifeboats on the damn thing, nothing looked good. So here is my final version of the ship. I like it. Its probably going in my portfolio. Hope you guys like it too.

-
 -

It was fun

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh...nacelle pylons?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! I noticed that right away!

No ACL or red warning stripes at the nacelle ends either.

I like it, but it still needs some refinment: particularly, you should vary your line thickness to give a sense of depth.
Lose "Deck 18" while you;re at it: it's too short to be a deck (besides, where is your ship's Jeffries' Tubes and bottomless pits to throw Remans down?)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I actually realized that after i made the images. Meh. Mabye i'll put them in. What ACL or red warning stripes at the end of nacelles?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anti Colision Lights are the green (starboard) and red (port)lights on a ship (and starship).
The red warning stripes" are "c" shaped markings found at the ends of phaser strips on most starships.

I typed "nacelle" to test you for telepathic powers: you've failed.

And I'm very tired.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

lennier1
Member # 1309

- posted      Profile for lennier1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice and clean variant of the original design. AFAIK seanr has built a 3D model based on the old design sketch a long time ago.

--------------------
SFM Instructor

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice render. I like the deflector array on the front view. Very original.

One thing I think needs to be changed: on the front view, I think you need to flip flop the lifeboats port for starboard. I'm pretty sure they're angling the wrong way. They need to angle towards the midline, not away from it.

Wes
Member # 212

Good call on the lifeboats. I changed them -- i did a few 11x17 prints today. Looks pretty rad.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps