Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT style 1701 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: ENT style 1701
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean like the ships introduced in First Contact over the BOBW fleet?

Radical design departures spring up during times of war and conflict: the Connie after the Romulan War and the FC ships after Wolf 359.

Mabye the Daedalus after the conflict with the Xindi and the Federation's formation.

Just a thought.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what movies, in another 40 years, will make it look like?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big CGI chrome blob like the Queen's ships in Episode I.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The SR-71 is not a 'blob'.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Connies after the Romulan War!?!

The Romulan war was at the FOUNDING of the Federation. (Found another reference to this - from "Homefront", i think it was when Sisko was telling Jaresh Inyo how dire the Dominion situation was. That Earth will not have seen a war like it since the FOUNDING of the FEDERATION.)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ENTERPRISE third season is 2153, the Earth Romulan war is set at about 2156, ending with the treaty of Algernon, in 2160. The founding of the Federation is firmly established as being in 2161.

Here's a good time line: http://members.cox.net/stenterprise/enttm7b.htm

--------------------
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, currently we're in early 2154. Probably around mid-February, possibly early March.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said "Be interesting to see the same treatment applied to Reliant." Can't any of you incredibly gifted graphic artist types take a hint? [Smile]

I wish I knew how to do stuff like that. So many ideas, and no way to express them...

Marian

TheWoozle
Member # 929

The NX-01 could easily BE a fore runner to the Reliant.. or the Akira, heh heh.

--------------------
The Woozle!

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
The NX-01 could easily BE a fore runner to the Reliant.. or the Akira, heh heh.

Translation: "I don't know how to use Photoshop either."

[Big Grin]
Marian

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
ENTERPRISE third season is 2153, the Earth Romulan war is set at about 2156, ending with the treaty of Algernon, in 2160. The founding of the Federation is firmly established as being in 2161.

Here's a good time line: http://members.cox.net/stenterprise/enttm7b.htm

Sisko definately said "since the founding of the Federation" - and since no ENTERPRISE - that would point to the Earth-Romulan war.

There's a set date for founding of the Federation - but not of the E-R war is there?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he didn't say "Romulan war". He could have been referring to anything. If the Xindi attack somehow leads to the founding of the Federation, even that might count. (I'd say the amount of destruction caused to Earth even by that one weapon would qualify as pretty servere.)

And the Naboo ships in Episode 1 and 2 were plainly very, very pretty. Foolish Jason.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, a theoretical "War Arc" with the romulans might be just the kind of transfusion Enterprise needs...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just noticed, if you add a "2" to that link in the beginning of the thread, you get a nice front view too.

http://www.creatingthelie.com/crap/enterprise-TOS-dimensional2.jpg

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And the Naboo ships in Episode 1 and 2 were plainly very, very pretty. Foolish Jason.

If completely lacking in imagination.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps