Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Something handmade after all...

Author Topic: Something handmade after all...
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...those CG-images and schematics. Finally! [Smile]

-

-

There are some things I would have changed, but I just had 3 days to finish it. Inspired by the cover of "Star Trek Design" (or was it "The Art of Star Trek"?), good old 1701.

By the way, the header of the topic is ambiguous; not only did I paint it by hand, I also pained most of it with my hands (the only exception I remember ATM are parts of the Enterprise, like windows and edges). It wasn't intentional, but it was indeed a lot easier than doing it with a brush, especially the nebula and asteroid shadows.

Painted on canvas, 90cmx120cm (approximately, I can't remember the exact specs). It was a Mother's day present (otherwise, I'd have replaced the 1701 with the E-D, of course...) [Wink]

If I could tweak it a bit, I'd correct the big asteroid's rim in to foreground (that stupid thinkg took longer to finish than the whole image, I guess at least 10 layers of color) and the Enterprise's saucer. I think it's a bit too short and too fat, like her Captain. [Big Grin] [Razz]

And please remind me that I never ever paint on a black background again. Not a single color I mixed turned out the way I wanted it to be when it was dried.

[Edit:] Did I mention that I don't like the big asteroid? The first image was taken in direct sunlight, the second image just with indoor lights and flashlight. Thus the yellow tone. Doesn't look as good as the first one; if you want more pics, I'll take some outside when the sun is shining.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite nice. I'm sure your mother was very pleased. [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those swirling background patterns remind me of Edvard Munch.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Quite nice. I'm sure your mother was very pleased. [Smile]

I guess it's better than flowers. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps