Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Brattain bridge plan (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Brattain bridge plan
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is for Tabasco project [Smile]

-

As far as I can tell, this is our good old friend TMP bridge turned "upside down".

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's a weird one, having the turbolifts at the front and all. Which part at the back is where those pillars start?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, having the lifts at the front forces the bridge to be moved back along Deck 1 leaving no room for the aft airlock.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the bridge actually faces aft?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Russell Christiansen
Member # 1333

- posted      Profile for Russell Christiansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of the more unusual bridge designs. Although there could be just one turbolift leading to the bridge a la the Reliant in "Star Trek II."

The viewscreen was obviously the Battle Bridge viewscreen from the Ent-D (which has been used as the viewscreen for MANY bridges).

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Well, having the lifts at the front forces the bridge to be moved back along Deck 1 leaving no room for the aft airlock.

Mabye their aft airlock is just a door that vents directly into space like on the Vico?

For when the bridge crew really pisses you off.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it wasn't evident by the view of the bridge's aft wall.

BTW, it was the Tsiolkovsky with the airlock door on the bridge itself (which made very little sense given the structure of the bridge superstructure of the Oberth class)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the airlock ON the bridge, or was the airlock just opened and the area it was in wasn't pressure sealed from the bridge? I haven't seen the episode in too long, and all I've of this airlock was an open hatch on a screen.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's right it was the Tsiolkovsky, and it was'nt an airlock at all: just a holodeck-looking door that lead directly out into space and it was right there: on the bridge.

Smaaaart.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work, Jan! I think you've done quite a job.

Is it possible that those side "rooms" off the bridge could contain auxilliary access doors or something? It seems kind of odd that they contained only a generic console.

In any case, this is the ONLY instance that we see the bridge of a "standard" Miranda-class starship (Lantree was a freighter, and Saratoga was similarly rollbar-less). While Br!ttain was called a science vessel, one wonders if the bridge we see here is something approximating the bridge of a TNG-era Miranda. That is, if ships like Sitak, Majestic and Shir Kahr have the same bridge.

There's nothing to suggest that this is the case (Reliant and the ST4 Saratoga had different bridges but were identical from the exterior - but were the same set at least), but it would be fun to think that there would be SOME standards running between ships of the same class in the same era...

Mark

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Speaking of the Reliant bridge, having the turbolift directly aft gives little room for the airlock it's suppose to have on Deck 1 just aft of the bridge.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The ol' Turbolift into the airlock gag for the new crewmen......
Just space them for a second or two and the transport them back inside!

A world of fun.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get some screencaps of this thing, then, eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tsiolkovsky's airlock doors are circular actually, similar to the door Picard and company used to exit the Enterprise-E in First Contact. From what I saw, there's the door to the airlock then the airlock itself.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching the TNG episode "The Neutra Zone" and saw the starship that was in the episode "Booby Trap" but silver.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps