Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » CHALLENGE - Re-Design the ENT Uniforms! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CHALLENGE - Re-Design the ENT Uniforms!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That cuts it. T'Pol will just have to spend more of her scenes in Decon.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - designed as post-Federation version, an 'in-between' for ENT and Cage uniforms, with a few of TOS and movie uniforms (like the jacket clasp, shoulder patch, and the tunic belt)

i have ideas for a captain's variant too, and there will be caps too (the captains variant should include April/Pike's hat envisioned in "The Cage" pre-production)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starfleet delta? There shouldn't be a Starfleet delta yet. I think.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nup - not until the Enterprise 1701 is launched.

There is the sorta-delta which was seen on the side of starships on Starbases and is seen in the Starfleet command logo for ENT.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I like the patch overlapping the shoulder seam like that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, there was a Starfleet style Delta for UESPA on Ares IV, and a warped Starfleet style delta on the SF command patch in the ENT era, so I'm postulating that the sideways, warped version may start around the formation of the federation (the boomerang pennant insignia also looks like its a partial evolution from the ENT SF command patch, too)

i don't think its too far fetched for Starfleet to have a delta symbol, theyre everywhere during the 2000s and 2100s, even before the 1701

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Alan on the location of the ship patch. I think it should stay on one shoulder, with the Fed logo on the other. The current ENT uniform doesn't have a chest badge so the omission wouldn't be a major problem.

And. . . Pips AND stripes? The idea was silly on the abandoned Generations uniforms, and it hasn't improved with age. I'm not sure though whether we're ready for stripes yet, but fortune favours the bold, I gather. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
Member # 709

it's been done, in the First Contact uniform.

the stripes, much like the FC uniform (and "The Cage"s stripes), are pointless.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Production people and some actors have noted that the current ENT costumes are relatively uncomfortable for the actors.
quote:
The only reason TNG changed them was because the initial design was too uncomfortable for the actors. . . Since there is no analagous situation on ENT, there's no reason for them to change the uniforms.

Whoops, looks like somehow mis-read that part of the initial post. They certainly don't look uncomfortable, anyway.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're made of less pliable or elastic fabric, unlike the more breathable cotton duds from the TNG era. Plus, to keep those figures I'm sure that they're pretty tight. In the latter TNG seasons, the two-piece uniform for the men became more essential.

And don't forget the Enterprise-esque "galaxy delta" that was on Friendship One...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome looking uniforms. [Wink] They do make sense all except for the stripe on the cuffs. The delta shield seen on the uniforms has been seen on Friendship One, the early ENTERPRISE uniforms (First Flight), and on some flags and banners on ENT. It all works and I can not wait to see more updates.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have made it through two pages with no gay jokes. I am flabbergasted, and possibly encouraged.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No gay jokes required: those boots speak volumes. [Wink]

Niiiice job on the renderings BTW, Mike.
Why not re-design the TOS uniforms to more closely follow Enterprise's instead?
At least the TOS spacesuit has to be replaced with something not so silly.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
Member # 709

anything about TOS == not silly.

remember that if you wish to address me.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that silver and mesh spacesuit is still considered cool by you?
I really dig the screen door instead of a faceplate: very protective.

TOS sucks donky dick.
There.
I said it.

Live with the truth, Mike.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps